This site holds documentation about the FOLIO project in general and the work of the Special Interest Groups.
For more information on the Open Library Environment and the Open Library Foundation and their relationship to FOLIO, see FOLIO Organizational Relationships.
FOLIO CAN USE MORE TECHNICAL RESOURCES
Please consider donating much needed technical resources. Check here to see which skills we are looking for.
FOLIO Communication Spaces
There are several avenues for keeping up with FOLIO development. Join the community at https://www.folio.org/ and sign up for the “Community Updates” for a monthly newsletter with updates and events announcements. You can browse this wiki without signing up but to participate via the wiki you must first sign up for issues.folio.org, then use the same login information here. Details for these and other options may be found on the FOLIO Communication Spaces page.
FOLIO Product Council
The FOLIO Product Council, also called the SIG of SIGS, will act on behalf of the OLE Community and FOLIO partners to express and champion priorities in the development of the FOLIO Library Service Platform, and ensure the relevance and cohesiveness of the FOLIO project. It is the highest level organizational body within FOLIO project. Any questions, suggestions, concerns or ideas can be raised through the Product Council (aka PC).
FOLIO's Vision, Strategic Objectives and Initiatives
These are intended to serve several purposes:
- Help set context and a direction for the project so that more detailed tactical planning can be done in alignment with strategic goals
- Provide a structure for the project’s community to periodically reassert its strategic goals and intentions
- Allow the community to have a single, shared understanding of where we want FOLIO to go in the future
These will be reviewed and updated regularly by the community.
How to join in the work of a SIG
SIGs are open to anyone, and details about each SIG can be found at the links above. Once there, look for these places to participate:
- The SIG's public discussion category on Discuss. Look for the "Communications Channels" in the SIG's home page right sidebar.
- The SIG's Slack channel. More information on joining Slack, see the FOLIO Communications Spaces document.
- Most SIGs hold a periodic meeting on Zoom. Look for the "Meetings" heading in the SIG's home page right sidebar.
- Contact the SIG's convener(s). Look for the "SIG Convener" heading in the SIG's home page right sidebar.
Creating a SIG
FOLIO Special Interest Groups can be suggested by anyone. See the Special Interest Groups page for more information.
This Week in FOLIO
Calendars with a related space are easier to find and use. Find out why, and set related spaces.
- EDIT THE CALENDAR
Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- RESTRICT THE CALENDAR
Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- ADD AN EVENT
The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.#legIndex/#totalLegs
Subscribe to calendars using your favourite calendar client.#legIndex/#totalLegs
Recently updated wiki pages
- No labels