Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/264479336

Attendees

Elizabeth German

Paul Moeller

Ranti Junus 

Zoë

Huda Khan

Agenda and Notes 

TopicDetailsNotes
Jira Check-in 

Accessibility Dashboard 


Testing 
  1. CU Boulder - Schedule  
    1. Testing has started. 
    2. Meeting with Acquisitions to discuss feedback
  2. Keyboard Checklist in development (Huda) 
    1. https://forms.gle/351gb9vGxVqX6ESX7
  • Updates from Khalilah 
    • 1.) Teams are addressing focus issues
    • 2.) We are still finalizing a keyboard shortcut pattern.
    • 3.) I have had John Coburn review these keyboard shortcut enhancements 

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

      . Feedback is welcome.
    • 4.) Mike Williamson has reported some inconsistencies with using NVDA and JAWS. So some actions and messages are accessible via JAWS and not NVDA. Will need a developer to investigate. 
  • Reach out to Peter about where the form can live and can it live in the FOLIO space - Beth checked in again about this and there is a spot, Beth will send to Huda (1/12/21) 
Accessibility Statement 
  1. At September PC meeting, asked to put on hold. It is a complicated issue. What would be covered by a VPAT of "FOLIO" (app level, core apps, overall?) 
    1. Contacted 
      1. https://www.paciellogroup.com/
      2. http://www.accessibilitypartners.com/
      3. https://tenon.io/ - 20K-65K estimate 
      4. https://www.barrierbreak.com/
  2. Accessibility Statement 
    1. Examples: Wordpress; Openstax; Drupal
    2. W3 Generator 
  • Look at the Apple model about what are the threshold quality for inclusion
  • Khalilah Gambrell have we done screen reading testing w/ Chrome on iOS? Looking at Zac's comment in the accessibility statement. Have we also tried windows narrator? 
    • Some testing but SIG members are welcome to test and use the test cases that we have. 
    • We should say regardless of operating system in chome
Future Directions Conversation Plans and thoughts for the upcoming year
  • New governance model (slidedeck)
  • Update on the accessibility demo 
  • Does one meeting a month keep us moving in a way that is sufficient?
  • What is the role of the SIG in the community? Relationship between development and testing. Especially with new modules. What is the expectations of the community of the SIG?  
  • What are implementers having issues with and what are others doing? Documentation of accessibility?
  • How is accessibility information about the resources built in into the system? 
  • Line between usability and accessibility 
  • User engagement 
  • Overarching Goal: Make sure that other libraries are able to adopt FOLIO 
Next Meeting Planning / Parking Lot
  • What does an updated demo look like? (follow what Jane did and should show resolved issues) 

There is a request from the PC to develop process for telling the story of how we are improving the accessibility within FOLIO. There was also interest in having another demo of accessibility within FOLIO. 

  • Something to consider: report dashboard page for documenting evidence of improvement/testing 
  • Elizabeth German and Khalilah will review the Assessment Approach section to expand upon our practices. 
  • Documenting progress (explain what we did as a narrative and Abby can capture) 
  • Data element (tickets created / tickets resolved)  
  • Beth connect Zoe and Khalilah for testing
  • Next meeting: How is our wiki telling our story if someone was looking at adopting, is there the information to adopt. 
  • Beth: Make sure zoom is set up for future meetings. 


Parking lot

  • Assistive Technology User Group 
  • FOLIO on tablets / touch technology / voice