|"Won't Do" on Dashboard|
The Accessibility Dashboard lists all known accessibility issues in its UAT Backlog section, however, valid accessibility issues that have been closed as "Won't Do" are not listed.
Institutions in the European Union are required by European Union law to report ALL known issues including the "Won't Do" issues.
Can the "Won't Do" issues been added to the issue list of the Accessibility Dashboard? Otherwise a line with a link to those issues should be added at the top of the page.
Example: FOLIO-3229 reports more than 100 WCAG violations where <div> is used but <h1> ... <h6> should be used instead. FOLIO will never fix it because it was decided that the issue must be closed as "Won't Do".
|Complete Accessibility Review|
UXPROD-3133 "Complete Accessibility Review"
Institutions in the European Union are required by European Union law to conduct a complete accessibility review of the parts of FOLIO that they use. To avoid duplicate work all accessibility reviews should be published on the A11Y SIG wiki.
UXPROD-3043 "Add WCAG 2.1 AA checklist as UX guideline"
FOLIO's UX guidelines https://ux.folio.org/docs/topics/accessibility/ cover less than 50 % of WCAG 2.1 AA and has two guidelines that contradict WCAG 2.1 AA.
Developers don't care about WCAG, they only care about FOLIO's UX guidelines.
Therefore the latter should be extended to completely cover and comply with WCAG 2.1 AA.
- Assistive Technology User Group
- FOLIO on tablets / touch technology / voice
- New governance model (slidedeck)
- Update on the accessibility demo
- Does one meeting a month keep us moving in a way that is sufficient?
- What is the role of the SIG in the community? Relationship between development and testing. Especially with new modules. What is the expectations of the community of the SIG?
- What are implementers having issues with and what are others doing? Documentation of accessibility?
- How is accessibility information about the resources built in into the system?
- Line between usability and accessibility
- User engagement
- Overarching Goal: Make sure that other libraries are able to adopt FOLIO
- What does an updated demo look like? (follow what Jane did and should show resolved issues)
There is a request from the PC to develop process for telling the story of how we are improving the accessibility within FOLIO. There was also interest in having another demo of accessibility within FOLIO.
- Something to consider: report dashboard page for documenting evidence of improvement/testing
- Elizabeth German and Khalilah will review the Assessment Approach section to expand upon our practices.
- Documenting progress (explain what we did as a narrative and Abby can capture)
- Data element (tickets created / tickets resolved)