Alissa Hafele, Ann Crowley, Ann-Marie Breaux, Dennis Bridges, Dung-Lan Chen, Dwayne Swigert, Emily Robertson, Jackie Magagnosc, Jean Pajerek, Julie Brannon, Julie Stauffer, Kathleen Norton, Kimberly Pamplin, Linh Chang, Lisa Smith, Lloyd, Masayo Uchiyama, Michael Phillips, Nancy Pelis, Okay Okonkwo, Peter Sbrzesny, Sara Colglazier, Scott Perry, Shannon Burke, Suzette Caneda, Sven Thomsen, Tara Barnett, Victoria Anderson, Winter White
- reminder - no meeting this Friday (6/24)
- No meeting this Friday (6/24)
|:03||Creation of Orders via MARC Bibs: Key topics/decisions for Nolana, 1 of 6||Ann-Marie Breaux|
- Will import support creating and updating orders or just creating?
- For Nolana, just creation.
- Expect that the majority will be one-time orders ordered on vendor site or just showing up (approvals).
- No uses cases for updating identified.
- In create scenarios, might match be needed in orders app?
- For Nolana, no match.
- No use cases for match identified.
- (~:14 after), returned to this point in discussion with Sara Colglazier:
- Trustworthy matches: product IDs or vendor reference numbers
- Standing order, but also get something coming in for one of the titles on the standing order. No good match for that.
- Will import support one-time orders and ongoing orders?
- Main use case is one-time orders.
- Also no Package POs/POLs
- No use cases for ongoing identified.
- Should field mapping profiles show all PO/POL fields?
- In PO/POL, some fields only show for ongoing vs. one-time, electronic vs. physical vs. both, etc.
- If only supporting one-time orders to start with, is it better to get rid of all the ongoing stuff?
- Per response would make sense to keep those out.
- From Scott Perry to Everyone 12:23 PM
I think it would be more confusing to leave them in.
- Some field mapping profiles where information is defaulted so that you cannot change it (e.g. invoice defaulted to "open").
|:25 ||Creation of Orders via MARC Bibs: Key topics/decisions for Nolana, 2 of 6||Ann-Marie Breaux|
- Should orders be created as pending or open?
- Would include required field at top that allows user to set status.
- POL limits: follow the existing setting or override? (~:32 after)
- If override, might they vary from one import profile to another? Yes
- Probably will use a field at the top of the profile (e.g. do you want to follow the standard purchase order line limit?)
- (~:38 after) Returned to this point with Sara:
- Would it be possible to make a difference between it's an approval vs. MARC records based on firm orders?
- Would be two different job profiles.
- How does FOLIO recognize which one is which?
- There's nothing in FOLIO right now that automates the pick-up or push through. Human who is doing importing will hopefully know.
- Either picking up from a different subdirectory or something in the file name that is a clue.
- Scheduling profile:
- Not in place yet
- Need to know which vendor, what type of records (E/P, AP/DDA/FO)
- Subfolder, element in file name, ftp address, account number?
- Will it create separate POs per Invoice? (~:36 after )
- No, only can create separate POs based on POL limit, not on data in records
- If needed, ask vendor to separate MARC files by invoice. Set POL limit higher than maximum lines expected on that vendor's invoice.
- Should field mapping profiles use order templates? (~:44 after)
- No. The field mapping profile and its mapped default data already acts as a template. Once set up, does not need to be re-created.
- From Julie Brannon (she/her) to Everyone 12:46 PM
That makes sense to me!
|:46||Creation of Orders via MARC Bibs: Key topics/decisions for Nolana, 3 of 6||Ann-Marie Breaux|
- Include an option to auto-receive or not? (~:46 after)
- Easiest if order is created as Open, not when order is created as Pending
- Would it be possible to create as pending? e.g. Approvals, review the pending PO, then open and auto-receive at that point (maybe do that post-Nolana?)
- Discussion regarding auto-receiving.
- Probably yes. Can include as check-box at top of the field-mapping profile.
- Created as pending, but immediately opened.
- Will receiving pieces be created? (~:56 after)
- Not separately by Data Import; depends on the Orders app opening the PO.
- Should acq unit settings be honored? (~:56 after)
- Yes. Whoever is doing the import needs to be a part of the acq unit or it needs to allow non-users to do it.
- (~1:00 after)
|:57||Creation of Orders via MARC Bibs: Key topics/decisions for Nolana, 4 of 6||Ann-Marie Breaux|
- What if the order is for multiple copies and multiple locations? (~:57 after)
- May be able to create multiple locations. Maybe can put the right quantities.
- Need to talk through with developers.
- If you are bringing in records to update, you cannot do that right now with data import.
- Does the order app open the orders and trigger Inventory creation, or does DI trigger Inventory creation? (~:59 after)
- If opening the order creates the Inventory records, include an option to ignore instance matching and always create a new instance? (~1:00 after)
- Yes, like the Order setting
|1:00||Creation of Orders via MARC Bibs: Key topics/decisions for Nolana, 5 of 6||Ann-Marie Breaux|
- In a job profile that creates orders, but also creates/updates Inventory and SRS records, do the actions need to be in a specific sequence? (~1:00 after)
- Still TBD, needs discussion with devs
- Does this replace the Lehigh app and its various permutations? (~1:01 after)
|1:01||Creation of Orders via MARC Bibs: Key topics/decisions for Nolana, 6 of 6||Ann-Marie Breaux|
- Can it create invoices from the MARC data? (~1:01 after)
- Can it create/assign order notes?
- Can it create/assign tags?