- Next scheduled meeting - Tuesday, April 25, at 1 pm Eastern
- FOLIO Councils Elections nomination form - deadline has been extended to Monday, April 24
| :06|| FOLIO Acquisitions Orchid Release Highlights || Joe Reimers|
- Orchid Highlights
- Joe demonstrated the changes in FOLIO.
- Allow user to edit the fund distribution(s) of an open order with related
Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:08 PM
This is great for us, when we need to update funds on standing orders.
Sara Colglazier (MHC/5C) to Everyone 12:09 PM
But whatever the 1st invoice was paid from/on will remain in effect, right?
In other words, the fund change is only for going forward?
- Dennis: Correct
- Allow user to edit the fund distribution(s) of an open order with related invoice(s)
- Allow user to rollover the "cash balance' of budgets
- Display the history of edits for the order and order line
- The information that has been changed is high lighted yellow.
- You will see what was changed, when, and by whom.
- Set default of "find or Create" holdings for orders created via API
- Implement data consistency Piece →Item
- Inventory browse UX refactor
- :19 in recording: Dennis demonstrated data consistency between piece and item.
- All changes are one way, towards the item.
- Martina Schildt 12:26 PM
These are valuable improvements. Thank you!
- Questions coming from architect people that are looking into record deletions.
- In the past looked at some of the different workflows associated with a purchase order and what we expect to happen if someone tries to delete an item record or instance.
- If the status of the order is closed, should it be possible to delete those item records? Are there scenarios where you would want to delete the item records?
- Dung-Lan - Also the payment history.
Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:30 PM
Yes - if the item was being withdrawn.
Sara Colglazier (MHC/5C) 12:30 PM
Yes, +1 to Lisa and one needs to keep the Order & Invoice
- Julie Stauffer 12:31 PM
yes -- some items have been created in error and may want to delete for clean-up purposes regardless of PO closure
- Kimberly Smith 12:31 PM
We need a record to remain with the financial information. Title, amount, vendor and date have to remain for an audit trail.
- Jackie Magagnosc 12:31 PM
+1 Julie. It's so easy to create a record by mistake
- Sara: Gave an example for wanting the ability to weed, deleting the inventory and items, but wanting to keep the order record to keep the history.
- Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:33 PM
Whole instance deletion ability would make clean up nice!
- Dung-Lan Chen 12:33 PM
Yes, to get rid of order entered by error to clean up, +1 to Julie & Lisa
- Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:35 PM
Yes, there would be times that we want to keep the order, but no instance.
- At the moment, the only way to remove the link between the instance and the order is to relink the Order to something else.
- Need to address the order connection first, then are able to delete the Instance.
Sara Colglazier (MHC/5C) 12:38 PM
Yes, notified, get a warning message
Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:38 PM
A warning would be needed for sure.
- Dennis: There is no situation where you should be allowed to delete an Instance without removing its reference or references in the Orders Application.