- Reminder - on Friday, Sept. 29, at 9 am, Owen Stephens will demo supplementary properties and term filter builder functions used in Agreements with folks who are using the functions sharing how they use them, etc.
- Reminder - App Interaction survey UI for Save button open thru 9/19/23 - your input appreciated!
- Next scheduled meeting - next Tuesday (9/19) at 1 pm Eastern
|:05||PC Update||Kristin Martin|
- The PC is Looking for more meaningful ways to communicate with the SIG's other than just monthly meetings. Started a sub group to look at this. Also a a group to look at how meetings are structured. A 3rd group working across councils on proposed architural changes for folio.
- The Community Council is doing another survey about what are three things that can be better about folio. The responses will be compared to last years responses.
- 2023-09-14 Product Council Agenda and Meeting Notes
|:10||Save Button||Martina Schildt|
- A brief review of App Interaction UI for Save button survey & Q&A (Martina Schildt )
- Mock ups have been designed that are being reviewed. There are three options that are in the survey.
- Please answer survey by the end of next Tuesday. (Sept.19th)
- Survey link.
|:16||Joe Reimers||Discuss donors|
- Working on a more comprehensive framework for donors.
- General idea is adding the ability to define an organization as a donor.
- Adding a donor checkbox that is similar to a vendor checkbox.
- This will allow additional functionality.
- Will allow donors to be associated with funds. The idea behind this is to support endowments. Any orders associated
- Current Donor box in order records will be going away.
- Another component to highlight, a lot existing information in organization information that can be leveraged.
- Scott: Has concerns about using organizations for donor information. Likes the controlled vocabulary. Likes the links that will be there. Need some kind of link for donor validation to inventory records.
- Joe: One of the reasons we are going with the Organization record is because the National Library of New Zealand is already starting the development.
- This will be implemented within the next few months.
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 8:29 AM
I would likely not include any donor contact information (unless that information for donors would be highly restricted).
- Kristin Martin (UChicago she/her) 8:31 AM
I think right now, you can't edit the Donor field if the POL is open.
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 8:32 AM
Does this imply a formal “donor” field in Instance/Holding/Item?
- Joe: I'd like to get there. That is partly a MM question and for the po's that manage Inventory.
- Kimie (Keemee) Kester 8:32 AM
Is the only Donor info that appears on the Organization record, the checkbox that designates the record as a Donor?
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 8:33 AM
A way to migrate the existing data to the new field would be great
- Joe - it would be great. Not sure how to do that though. That is a technical challenge and a reason we are not going to purge that data..
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 8:35 AM
It belongs at all three levels (in response to discussion on where information belongs in Inventory)
We have a separate server with the images that VuFind calls. (in response to discussion on electronic book plates)
- Kristin Martin (UChicago she/her) 8:42 AM
It's a different relationship with donors than with vendors and who should be contacting them.
- Joe: Does donor information get retained by the library, or by a donor department?
- Dung-Lan - all we get is the name to put on a book plate.
- Lisa Smith - Mich State 8:46 AM
We would not use any sensitive info in our orders or vendor records. We have endowment funds named a certain way.
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 8:46 AM
AS I said, I don’t think we would even enter this information. There are separate university systems that contain that information.
- Paivi Rentz 8:47 AM
Our Acquisitions department does not collect donor information any more. We used to when we had more staff.
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 8:47 AM
The library has the contact information, but not broadly distributed as a FOLIO record would be.
- Joe: Is there a desire to even put it in folio?
- It depends on if the gift is money, a book, a collection.... If it's financial, it would go through the university foundation.