- Reminder - Next meeting, Tuesday (9/26) at 1 pm Eastern - we'll have Part 2 of Package POLs discussions with Sara Colglazier
- Reminder - please take App Interaction survey UI for Save button if you haven't done so (open thru Sept. 19). Thank you for participating!!
- Discuss "EDI ordering" planned October, exact date TBD
- Adding donor information to Organization records.
- Core framework will come out in Quesnalia. (Not necessarily everything, but a lot of it).
- Previously discussed need to track privileged contact persons:
- Is there a need to track privileged contact information for organizations that are not donors?
- Currently thinking that clicking donor field will activate privileged contact information.
- Anyone who can access organizations can create a donor, but must have privileged contact permission in order to access this information.
- Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:13 PM
We would not key in any private information, even if it could be 'hidden.' We would only use the info needed for a book plate.
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 12:13 PM
Nor would we.
- Juleah Swanson 12:14 PM
Same with at CU Boulder. I would not want to have donor contact information in FOLIO.
- Information usually maintained by institution's development group.
- In-kind use case. Private acknowledgements.
- Doesn't sound like this will impact non-donor organizations at all.
- For existing donor field in POL, how would you like this to be handled?
- Not big fans of making things more complicated than necessary. Plan to deprecate the field so that is not repetitive information.
- A couple of approaches:
- Disable entry, but leave visible, so that libraries can create organization records based off of existing donor information. Create pop-up saying that the field will be deprecated (maybe 2025?).
- Leave in its current state, but add alert. Increases risk that people will add new content to donor field.
- Look for ways to migrate from donor field to organizations - will continue to talk about possibility, but would be technically difficult. Have to account for deduplications, typos, etc.
- Do you want field to be read-only? Read-only with delete? Fully editable?
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 12:19 PM
I think if you deprecate a field that has data a script should be supplied as part of the upgrade to move it into the new field. I would, for example, create the organizations in advance since I already have this information elsewhere outside of FOLIO now.
- Challenge with the way organizations are handled. Moving from basically a single field to something that requires a name and a code presents challenges. Also have to account for deduplication and typos.
- Kristin Martin 12:19 PM
I think leaving it but having be no longer editable would be good.
- Kimberly.Smith@mtsu.edu 12:19 PM
IF the field is going away eventually, stopping data entry sounds like it would be for the best.
- Do you want contents of donor field to be deletable? Or purely read-only?
- Kimberly.Smith@mtsu.edu 12:23 PM
I think read only. Except, could it be deleted once addressed?
- Will deactive donor field, leave in place, and add an alert. Will be deletable, but not editable or enterable.
|:30||Topics while POs are out||Dung-Lan|
- Any meeting where we do not have a specific topic from the PO, perhaps people can share where they are seeing issues or are stuck. Other libraries who have seen the issue before may be able to offer suggestions. Can be very difficult to share these through Slack where there may not be enough specificity.
- Juleah Swanson 12:37 PM
I like how there have been and are future presentations from other implementers on the agenda.
- Idea of break out rooms
|:39||Implementer's Topic #96||Dennis, Josh Roberts|
- Acquisitions/Resource Management implementers
- Are there any other libraries that use preset adjustments?
- Kimberly Pamplin 12:43 PM
We use them, but not have the use case for needing a default fund. Can definitely see it being practical though.
- Scott Perry (UChicago) 12:43 PM
I think this makes sense. Don’t have a specific use case at the moment for us.
- Juleah Swanson 12:43 PM
We do also have this same use case for shipping funds
- Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:43 PM
We sometimes split the funds in the POL between the subject specific fund and the postage fund. I can see where a preset fund may be useful.
- Timothy Nelson 12:44 PM
We've been using it for taxes, shipping & service charges. A preset might be useful for the most frequently used.
- Do you usually use this as a percentage or amount?
- Lisa Smith - Mich State 12:46 PM
usually a percentage
- Kimberly.Smith@mtsu.edu 12:46 PM
We use percentage by amount
- scolglaz 12:46 PM
so doo we
- Create a preset, but add preset shipping to the invoice line itself, not the invoice as a whole.
- Would like it to be templated, so that fund is already associated with preset adjustment.