| :05|| EDI Ordering|
- Discuss EDI ordering - looking to hear successful stories and any issues/roadblocks of unsuccessful efforts to help find solutions and for others who haven't implemented to learn
- Suzanne Gill - Administrator for Bavarian Library Network.
- Did a demo of EDI ordering
- Demo in Orchid Folio. Had started testing in Nolana.
- One of the original problems was the account number in default integration in settings. Could not export anything. That was because the export module had to be enabled.
- Dennis: Default integration should not require an account number.
- Natalya Pikulik 12:16 PM
Cannot invoke "org.folio.dew.domain.dto.VendorDetail.getVendorAccount()" because the return value of "org.folio.dew.domain.dto.CompositePoLine.getVendorDetail()" is null (NullPointerException)
- Dennis: 'Vendor is null' is a different issue.
- Jenn Colt: There was a critical service patch that was meant to fix the EDI syntax, and after that we started getting this message.
- Dennis: With Poppy the module doesn't have to be restarted anymore.
- Corrie to Suzanne: You noticed a big difference between Nolana and Orchid. I noticed in your EDI you had a 13 digit ISBN set to type in. I have not figured out how to do that. It labels it as an IB and the vendor wants it as an EN.
- Dennis, that has been fixed in a service patch as part of a syntax update.
- Corrie: Another big issue is the colon and being able to rename the convention because the vendor wants to be able to dictate the name of the file.
- Dennis: Yes, that is in the plan.
- Dung Lan - Is Gobi (YBP) the only vendor successfully accepting EDI orders?
- Dennis: I know we were working with another library that is not working with YBP.
- Corrie Hutchinson 12:30 PM
I’m trying to set it up with Baker & Taylor.
- Kimberly.Smith@mtsu.edu 12:31 PM
So, our library just set up GOBI API ordering not EDI ordering. Is there a preferred method with FOLIO/GOBI?
- Molly Driscoll 12:33 PM
I think the API is the best option for firm ordering with GOBI (IMHO). The tech spec you have with GOBI will likely impact which methods you use. If you have accounts that aren't eligible for the API integration, EDIFACT might be worth investigating with your GOBI rep.
- Kristin: What institutions are using the EDI Ordering?
- Kristin Smith - MTSU
- John Banionis 12:33 PM
We're using GOBI API
- scolglaz 12:33 PM
5C in a modfified way
- Jenn Colt 12:34 PM
- John Banionis 12:34 PM
- mu44 12:34 PM
Cornell is using GOBI API for ebook ordering
- Daniel Huang, Lehigh University 12:34 PM
I think we placed maybe one GOBI order this fiscal year at Lehigh
- scolglaz 12:35 PM
We have them come over as Pending
- Daniel Huang, Lehigh University 12:35 PM
(we don't use the GOBI API and we don't order from GOBI since we're a ProQuest shop)
- Question: what happened to Jean Ward from PQ working on API things?
- Dennis: Have not heard from Proquest in a while in regards to this.
- John Banionis 12:36 PM
We were able to develop an order creation script for JSTOR DDA triggers based on received MARC records
- Sara: Recently met with Harrassowitz rep about if there is a fokus API, in Europe, the German libraries use the EDI method. From Harrassowitz's point of view, it's not where they will put their energy. It's up to the customers to approach vendors like Harrassowitz to express an interest in this functionality.
- John Banionis 12:40 PM
We just do EDI invoicing for Harrassowitz
- Susanne Gill (BVB) 12:41 PM
In Germany (Bavaria) it's more EDI invoicing. The orders a sent via Email
- Peter Sbrzesny | VZG 12:41 PM
At GBV EDI ordering is quite common.
- Kristin Martin: EDI is for the vendor to send the library invoice information. Right now, we can't upload orders?
- Dennis: Right now, marc order creation is possible through data import. but you can't create orders via edi import. Folio will export order records, and import invoicing. On the road map is claiming functionality via edifact.
- Kimberly Smith (MTSU) 12:45 PM
Thank you for the clarification!
- Molly Driscoll 12:45 PM
Due to the heroic efforts of Peter Murray, this is now on YouTube and may be helpful in clarifying opitons:
- Molly Driscoll 12:45 PM
(WOLFcon presentation from Dennis & Ann-Marie)
- Jenn Colt 12:46 PM
We are still using Lehigh not data import.
The matching for DI doesn’t work for us
- wiljanen 12:47 PM
Mich State is using Data Import with Marc records
- scolglaz 12:48 PM
I would love to see Mich State
- Molly Driscoll 12:48 PM
This is a video Ann-Marie created to review creating orders using data import with MARC records, if anyone is interested in viewing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ivj9Wbfl7zu7FI53o8p4IbSEO3HrsUlx/view?pli=1