Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

2022-08-09 Acquisitions Meeting notes

The Acquisitions Group Meets via Zoom every Tuesday 1-2pm Eastern U.S. time and every other Friday 9-10am Eastern U.S. time. 

TUESDAY MEETING ZOOM LINK

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  https://zoom.us/j/353648867  Meeting ID: 353 648 867.  

One tap mobile:  +16468769923,,353648867# US (New York)   +16699006833,,353648867# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location : +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)  or  Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adpH5ITcgX

FRIDAY MEETING ZOOM LINK 

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/675766727

See FOLIO meetings with Zoom for more information on how to connect.

Or mobile phone one-tap (US Toll):  +16465588656,675766727# or +14086380968,675766727#

Or Telephone:

Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 675 766 727
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Uz8gOxV-yqHRNcWlZKa4trK_0dP7WPfp


See FOLIO meetings with Zoom for more information on how to connect.

Recordings

February 8, 2022 through current are located https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/

Find recordings of  older meetings on our Google Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QGv745JZlpUrPqrRcooQMNZ44roMPXK6 and for 2022 onwards: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/



Notes for meetings prior to March 23, 2021 are available here. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Upcoming: Tuesday, September 27, 2022

(draft agenda)

Housekeeping -

Business -

  • Discuss "how are topics archived" (part of the ongoing discussion re: improving "Implementers Topics" list)



Friday, September 23, 2022

Housekeeping - reminder next meeting - Tuesday, 9/27/22, at 1 pm Eastern Time

PC Updates (Kristin Martin) -

  • 2022-09-15 Product Council Meeting notes
  • 2022-09-22 Product Council Meeting notes
    • Both meetings focused on a debrief of issues raised at WOLFCon.
    • The Scope Criteria Group has concluded it's work and two new groups have been formed, as recommendations from that group. Happy to accept other volunteers to be on the groups.
    • PC Members are performing a SIG review, and we will work with SIG conveners to schedule conversations with each SIG. Would like to make sure the PC is doing what it can to support the needs of the SIGS. Kristin will work with Dennis and Dung-Lan to schedule a time on the agenda for Acquisitions.
    • There will also be a revisit to the Roadmap, more information coming soon, but may be another volunteer opportunity
    • New quarterly cross-council meeting will occur, working with chairs of other councils to figure out process to make this happen
  • Library of Congress plans to migrate to FOLIO

Business -



Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Housekeeping - reminder next meeting scheduled for this Friday (9/23/22) at 9 am

Business -




Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Housekeeping - No meeting this Friday. Next meeting is 9/20 (next Tuesday) 

Business -

  • Discuss workflow of noting Implementers Topics status
  • Discuss the display of EDIFACT export detail on PO and POL. The export history of a purchase order.
  • Continue to discuss Implementers' Topics - see Acquisitions/Resource Management Implementers

Notes: 2022-09-13 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-09-13T12:55/


Friday, September 9, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • next meeting, Tuesday (9/13) at 1 pm
  • If planning a conversation regarding FYRO experience/reflection/info sharing is still of interest within the group

PC Updates (Kristin Martin) -

Business -

Notes: 2022-09-09 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-09-09T09:00/


Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Reminder - we have a meeting scheduled for this Friday, 9/9, at 9 am

Business -

Implementer topics discussed: 

no.50 - Invoice approve/pay with pending Order and no.54 Creating and filtering pieces

Notes:  2022-09-06 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-09-06T12:55/


Thursday, September 1, 2022 (9:30 am - 11 am, EST)


Tuesday, August 30, 2022

      (meeting cancelled)


Friday, August 26, 2022

      (meeting cancelled)


Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Reminder - 8/26 (Friday) & 8/30 (Tuesday) meetings cancelled (preparation & traveling for WOLFCon 2022)
  • WOLFCon Acquisitions session will take place, Sept. 1 (Thursday) from 9:30 am - 11 am Eastern Time.  Zoom link will be shared when available

Business -

Notes: 2022-08-23 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video : https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-08-23T12:55/


Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Housekeeping - 

  • WOLFCon Acquisitions session will be held at 9:30 am - 11 am (EST) on Sept. 1 (Thursday).  Zoom call link will be shared when it's available
  • Reminder August 30 (Tuesday) meeting is cancelled to accommodate traveling for WOLFCon.  How about August 26 (Friday) meeting?! Should we keep it?    

Business -

Notes: 2022-08-16 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-08-16T13:00/


Friday, August 12, 2022

    (Zoom call cancelled)



Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Next scheduled meeting - this Friday, 8/12, at 9 am

Business -

Notes: 2022-08-09 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-08-09T12:55/


Tuesday, August 2, 2022

      (Zoom call cancelled - Bugfest need your help ... please use the time to help test untested cases if you can - Bug Fest R2 2022 Morning Glory Thank you!!)


Friday, July 29, 2022

       (Zoom call cancelled - Dennis is away)


Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • reminder - next meeting this Friday (7/29) at 9 am EST

Business - focusing on Morning Glory Bugfest

  • Dennis will demo how to login to test rails to claim test cases and how to complete one as show and tell
  • Bring any questions you might have regarding bugfest that Dennis will help address
  • If enough time left, the group can sign in (or sign up) test rails and claim a test case or two of your own (smile)

Notes: 2022-07-26 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-07-26T13:00/


Tuesday, July 19, 2022

        (Zoom call cancelled - please use the time to bugfest Morning Glory info and link here - Bugfest Morning Glory)


Friday, July 15, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Morning Glory Bug Fest starts next Monday (July 18) and will run for two weeks - more info see Bug Fest R2 2022 Morning Glory.  Any question regarding Bug Fest or if you need a TestRail acct, please reach out to Anton Emelianov via Slack
  • WOLFcon 2022 schedule and registration info - see WOLFcon 2022
  • Planning of a FYRO reflection/experience sharing discussion in one of the upcoming ACQ SIG meetings

PC Updates (Kristin Martin ) -

  • 2022-07-07 Meeting notes
  • 2022-07-14 Product Council/SIG UpdatesMeeting notes
    • Conversations around PC role for the FOLIO product/project and using WOLFCon to clarify role and set strategic goals for next year
    • New officers: Jesse Koennecke stepping down from co-chair, Alexis Manheim coming on as co-chair; Kristin Martin continuing as co-chair and Peter Murray as secretary
    • Interest from Implementers SIG as well for implemented institutions to share rollover experiences

Business -

Notes: 2022-07-15 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-07-15T08:55/


Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Reminder - next meeting, Friday, July 15 (9 am Eastern)

Business -

Notes: 2022-07-12 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-07-12T13:00/


Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Business -

  • Discuss creating invoice lines from POLs with certain payment statuses
  • Discuss the relationship between POL and invoice line fund distributions

Notes: 2022-07-05 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video:  https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-07-05T12:55/


Friday, July 1, 2022

(meeting cancelled - July 1, Canada Day)



Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Propose to cancel this Friday's meeting due to July 1, Canada Day

Business -

Review key features re:

  • The ability to change instance connection of POL
  • The ability to create Orders from Instance
  • The ability to create invoices from Orders

Discuss Implementers' Topics - see Acquisitions/Resource Management Implementers

Notes: 2022-06-28 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-06-28T12:55/


Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • reminder - no meeting this Friday (6/24)

Business -

Notes: 2022-06-21 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video Link: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-06-21T12:55/


Friday, June 17, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • next meeting Tuesday (6/21) at 1 pm

PC Updates (@Kristin Martin) -

Business -

Notes: 2022-06-17 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: 2022-06-17 Acquisitions Meeting noteshttps://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-06-17T08:55/



Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Reminder - WOLFcon 2022 (Wednesday, August 31- Friday, Sept. 2), see list of possible ACQ SIG session topics for WOLFcon 2022

Business -

Notes: 2022-06-14 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-06-14T13:00/



Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • No meeting this Friday, next meeting is Tuesday, June 14
  • Take a look at the power point slide presentation from the FOLIO Scope-Criteria Group that Kristin included in the PC updates below when you get a chance 

PC Updates (@Kristin Martin) - postponed from previous cancelled meeting (written updates, as Kristin can't make it)

Business -

Notes: 2022-06-07 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-06-07T13:00/



Friday, June 3, 2022

     (meeting cancelled)



Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Reminder – next meeting this Friday, June 3 (9 am Eastern)

Business -

Notes: 2022-05-31 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-31T12:55/



Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Reminder - Let Dennis know the approximate number of pieces (for expected pieces not received or for pieces received) that your library may export from Receiving at one time (post in ACQ SIG slack channel will do)
  • Reminder - Post any Acquisitions related topics you might have for discussion (if it's not already on) to the Implementers Topics list

Business -

Notes: 2022-05-24 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-24T12:55/



Friday, May 20, 2022

Housekeeping -

PC Updates (@ Kristin Martin) -

Business/Implementers' Topics -

2022-05-20 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-20T08:55/



Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • We have a meeting scheduled for this Friday, May 20 (9 am Eastern)

Business -

2022-05-17 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-17T12:55/



Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Housekeeping -

Business -

2022-05-10 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-10T12:55/



Friday, May 6, 2022

Housekeeping -

PC Updates (Kristin Martin) 

Business/Implementers' Topics -

2022-05-06 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video recording: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-06T08:55/



Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Please participate UAT for batch voucher and invoice export when it’s ready
  • Next meeting - Friday (5/6/22) at 9 am Eastern

Business -

2022-05-03 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video recording: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-05-03T13:00/



Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Feedback regarding question from App Interaction SIG - "Is there any desire or need to have field-based permissions?" (posted in ACQ SIG slack channel on 4/25/22)

Business -

2022-04-26 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video link: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-04-26T12:55/



Friday, April 22, 2022

Housekeeping -

PC Updates (Kristin Martin )

        (PC had been on spring break for two weeks that nothing new from PC to report since the last updates done two weeks ago)

Business/Implementers' Topics -

2022-04-22 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-04-22T09:00/


Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Housekeeping -

Business -

  • Continue discussing "POL & Inventory matching" (please bring any cases or issues you've experienced to share with PO and Developers for continuous refining or updating the functions)
  • Demo new export (invoices & fund information) functionality

2022-04-19 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-04-19T12:55/



Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • No meeting this coming Friday
  • Seeking speakers to share fiscal year rollover experiences

Business/Implementers Topics -

2022-04-12 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-04-12T12:55/



Friday, April 8, 2022

Housekeeping

  • Topic in the planning – Fiscal Year Rollover (forthcoming)

PC Updates (Kristin Martin ) - written only, away today

  • No PC meeting April 14 or April 21 - Happy Spring Break!
  • SIG Updates 2022-04-07
    • Still looking for members for Support SIG, meet Monday at 10 AM ET. It would be great to get some implemented institutions or Acquisitions experts there
    • need interim convener for MM SIG this summer
    • Discussed the need to support implemented libraries when doing FOLIO upgrades, but ran out of time for larger discussion
    • WOLFCon - what ideas do you have? Looking to get more details than just brainstorming at this point. How can we take advantage of an in-person/hybrid all-hands meeting?
      • Looking for dedicated individuals to help plan. See slack channel: #folio-wolfcon-planning-group
  • 2022-03-31 Product Council Meeting notes
    • Update from the Priorities for FOLIO Development subgroup
    • See the full prioritization process and leave comments here
    • This would replace the system of institutional rankings in Jira

Business/Implementer’s Topics

  • Video working group – updates & plan
  • Quick demo of invoice/fund/budget/voucher export that will be available in Morning Glory, UAT tests for those will be available soon
  • Implementer's Topics - discuss #33 and continues if time permits -- see Implementer's Topics list for more details - Acquisitions/Resource Management implementers

2022-04-08 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-04-08T08:55/



Tuesday, April 5, 2022

(meeting cancelled)



Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Housekeeping - no meeting this Friday (4/1/22)

Business -

  • Discuss Kiwi migration

Implementers Topics -

2022-03-29 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-03-29T12:55/



Friday, March 25, 2022

Housekeeping -

PC Updates (Kristin Martin)

Business/Implementer’s Topics

  • Video tutorials group – additional participants needed to help identify a list of short tutorial videos of key acquisitions functions. Your time and efforts spent could make a difference to countless many others who will maneuver in Folio Acquisitions later!
  • Continue to discuss "Ability to change the instance connection of a purchase order line" which started in the last meeting on 3/22/22
  • Implementer's Topics - discuss #33 and continues if time permits -- see Implementer's Topics list for more details - Acquisitions/Resource Management implementers

2022-03-25 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-03-25T08:55/



Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Housekeeping -

Business -

2022-03-22 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-03-22T12:55/



Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Housekeeping -

Business -

2022-03-15 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-03-15T13:00/



Friday, March 11, 2022

Housekeeping -

PC Updates (Kristin Martin)

Business/Implementer’s Topics

2022-03-11 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-03-11T09:00/



Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Housekeeping –

  • Reminder - we’ll meeting this Friday, March 11

Business –

2022-03-08 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-03-08T13:00/



Tuesday, March 1, 2022

(meeting cancelled)



Friday, February 25, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • No meeting next week (Feb. 28 – March 4)
  • Next meeting, Tuesday, March 8 at 1 pm
  • Acquisitions SIG wiki page update

PC Updates (Kristin Martin)

  • Updates from Data Sync Working Group (they presented here too)
  • Considering how to manage meetings and input across the global - new cross-council group investigating (Sharon Wiles-Young, Anya Arnold, Peter Murray, Mike Gorrell)
  • Updates from the other councils
  • documentation updates - now with versioning: https://iris.docs.folio.org/docs/

Business/Implementer’s Topics

2022-02-25 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-02-25T08:55/



Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Housekeeping –

  • Reminder - we’ll meeting this Friday, February 25
  • Reminder - no meeting next Tuesday, March 1
  • Both Acquisitions SIG Calendar and Community Calendars have been updated with our current Tuesday/Friday meeting schedule

Business –

  • Summarize the discussion re: “exporting adjustment details in voucher summary” from last Tuesday
  • Highlights of the Lotus release (10 minutes)
  • Discuss #25 & #26 (and continue if time allows) both invoice related from Implementer’s topics list (details see the list - Acquisitions/Resource Management implementers)

2022-02-22 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-02-22T13:00/


Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • Friday meetings schedule update
  • Cancel Tuesday March 1 meeting?! (Dennis is away that week)

Business -

2022-02-15 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-02-15T12:55/



Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Housekeeping -

  • reminder please respond to the poll regarding changing Friday meetings schedule if you haven't done so already

Business -

2022-02-08 Acquisitions Meeting notes

https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-02-08T13:00/



Friday, February 4, 2022

PC Update (Kristin Martin)

Business -

  • Continue to discuss Display "Rush" in receiving and on invoice - review UXPROD-3179 UXPROD-3179 - Getting issue details... STATUS  
  • Discuss if current over-encumbered is calculated as expected. MODFISTO-283 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Highlights of the Lotus release (Dennis B.)

Implementer's Topics (regular Friday topic)

#23 on the list - Invoices: voucher generation process feedback (see link below for Implementers Topics list)

Video recording: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-02-04T09:10/



Tuesday, February 1, 2022 

Housekeeping -

  • Please rank UXPROD-3435 UXPROD-3435 - Getting issue details... STATUS if possible particularly if this is a very important feature for your library 
  • Reminder - we are meeting this Friday, Feb 4, 2022 at 9 am EST

Business -

  • Update on the EDIFACT order UAT (Dennis B.)
  • Discuss use cases for deleting receiving records
  • Display "Rush" in receiving and on invoice - review UXPROD-3179 UXPROD-3179 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

2022-02-01 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://recordings.openlibraryfoundation.org/folio/acquisitions-sig/2022-02-01T12:55/



Tuesday, January 25, 2022 

Business -

  •   Continue to discuss review order/invoice export to csv requirements
  •   Discuss UXPROD-3525 UXPROD-3525 - Getting issue details... STATUS Please rank if possible as it'd be very helpful to know how important this feature is for your library
  •   Discuss another implementer topic from Acquisitions/Resource Management implementers list if time permits

2022-01-25 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video recording: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GGYd4-1lki43QtjWRYFyhGZzR2M7G5XY 



Friday, January 21, 2022

PC Update (Kristin Martin)

2022-01-13 Product Council/SIG Conveners Meeting notes

  • Review for SIG Conveners update
  • New prioritization system under development

2022-01-20 Product Council Meeting Notes

  • Action setting with SWOT analysis
  • Finalizing Roadmap presentation and will want further input from SIGs

Business –·        

  • Discuss MODINVOICE-328 - Allow editing of subscription dates after an invoice is paid
  • How many of you will have more than 1000 pieces for a single title in receiving? https://issues.folio.org/browse/UIREC-191
             -- Describe use cases
  • Review order/invoice export to csv requirements

2022-01-21 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GGYd4-1lki43QtjWRYFyhGZzR2M7G5XY



Tuesday, January 18, 2022 

Housekeeping

  • Reminder - please participate if you can "EDIFACT order export UAT" (scheduled for 1/18/22 - 1/20/22)

Business

  • EDIFACT (reserves 15 minutes Ann-Marie Breaux) 
  • CONTINUE to discuss allowing users to edit invoice subscription dates after the invoice is approved or paid

2022-01-18 Acquisitions Meeting notes



Tuesday, January 11, 2022 

Housekeeping 

  • New Convenor! 

Business 

  • EDIFACT order user acceptance testing 
  • Follow up questions from Dennis Bridges regarding the discussion on additional use cases for canceling orders
  • CONTINUE to discuss allowing users to edit invoice subscription dates after the invoice is approved or paid

2022-01-11 Acquisitions Meeting notes


Friday, January 7, 2022

Housekeeping 

  • Still seeking a new Convener in January 2022.  As mentioned, we have a person who is tentatively willing, but would like others to have a chance to volunteer. If you are willing and able to volunteer, please contact Susan Martin , Heather McMillan , and Dennis Bridges  no later than Friday, January 7, 2022 via direct message in Slack.  If I do not receive any volunteers, I will see if our tentative person is still willing. 

I (Susan) will be stepping down as convener. My last day will be January 25, 2022.  I am seeking a person to be convener work with Heather and Dennis. Duties include (but may not be limited to) agenda wrangling and upkeep, meeting moderation, attending App Interaction SIG, and representing Acq SIG when necessary on the SIG conveners group and with PC.  Heather is fabulous and is the co-convener. She takes care of the notes and provides assistance and back-up, as well as attending the other groups as well.  Dennis is simply lovely to work with, and all and all it's a sweet gig, and a great way to give to the project. 

Updates 

PC Update (Kristin Martin : Just one PC meeting since the last Friday meeting: 2021-12-16 Product Council Meeting notes

  • We are finalizing the Roadmap and need to update the wiki page with the new information
  • Also reviewed the results of an implementer's SWOT Analysis

Implementer's Topics 

#22 on the list "Orders: Inconsistent terminology between filters, detail pane, and .csv export for "Date opened"" Julie Brannon 

Acquisitions/Resource Management implementers

Business 

  • Follow up questions from Dennis Bridges regarding the discussion on additional use cases for canceling orders
  • CONTINUE to discuss allowing users to edit invoice subscription dates after the invoice is approved or paid
  • Discuss "Release encumbrances" for Ongoing orders

2022-01-07 Acquisitions Meeting notes


Tuesday, January 4, 2022 

Housekeeping 

  • We will meet on Friday, January 7, 2022.
  • Still seeking a new Convener in January 2022.  As mentioned, we have a person who is tentatively willing, but would like others to have a chance to volunteer. If you are willing and able to volunteer, please contact me, Heather, and Dennis no later than Friday, January 7, 2022 via direct message in Slack.  If I do not receive any volunteers, I will see if our tentative person is still willing. 

I (Susan) will be stepping down as convener. My last day will be January 25, 2022.  I am seeking a person to be convener work with Heather and Dennis. Duties include (but may not be limited to) agenda wrangling and upkeep, meeting moderation, attending App Interaction SIG, and representing Acq SIG when necessary on the SIG conveners group and with PC.  Heather is fabulous and is the co-convener. She takes care of the notes and provides assistance and back-up, as well as attending the other groups as well.  Dennis is simply lovely to work with, and all and all it's a sweet gig, and a great way to give to the project. 

Business 

  • Discuss additional use cases for canceling orders
  • Discuss "Release encumbrances" for Ongoing orders
  • Discuss allowing users to edit invoice subscription dates after the invoice is approved or paid

2022-01-04 Acquisitions Meeting notes

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - Canceled

Friday, December 24, 2021 - Canceled

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - Canceled

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 

Housekeeping

Seeking a new Convener in January 2022.  I (Susan) will be stepping down as convener. My last day will be January 25, 2022.  I am seeking a person to be convener work with Heather and Dennis. Duties include (but may not be limited to) agenda wrangling and upkeep, meeting moderation, attending App Interaction SIG, and representing Acq SIG when necessary on the SIG conveners group and with PC.  Heather is fabulous and is the co-convener. She takes care of the notes and provides assistance and back-up, as well as attending the other groups as well.  Dennis is simply lovely to work with, and all and all it's a sweet gig, and a great way to give to the project. 

If anyone is interested, please reach out to us. We also welcome questions about the position. 

Topics


Friday, December 10, 2021 

Housekeeping

Meeting schedule for the rest of 2021 - Last meeting of 2021 will be Tuesday, December 14th.  We will resume our meetings on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. 

Updates

  • PC Updates: SIG update from 2021-12-09 meeting.
  • New process for reviewing modules: PC review from a functional standpoint and then passes on to TC for review from technical side
  • Need new Product Owners for the following areas

      • Loans, Check-in, Check-out, Loan information on Item Details (interim - Cheryl Malmborg)
      • Requests (interim - Brooks Travis)
      • Item State (interim - Charlotte Whitt)
      • Courses (interim - Charlotte Whitt)
  • Support SIG is looking for more members! Check with Anya Arnold.

Implementers Topics (regular Friday topic) 

We are going to go back and start covering the topic beginning with #14 and onward.  We are allocating 30 minutes with a hard stop on these. 

Regular topics 


Tuesday, December 7, 2021 


Tuesday, November 30, 2021 

  • EDIFACT invoice discussion - Ann-Marie
  • Usability question regarding managing fund grouping from the group record


Tuesday, November 23, 2021

  • WolfCon 2022 - Acq SIG discussion WolfCon 2022 Acq SIG brainstorming
  • EDIFACT invoice discussion - Ann-Marie
  • Should PO template show hide apply when viewing orders or just editing. Are there use cases for hiding the field during both view and edit?
  • Usability question regarding managing fund grouping from the group record


Tuesday, November 16, 2021 

  • Smoke Testing for Kiwi 
  • WOLFCon 2022 - Acq SIG discussion   (15 minutes) 
  • Presentation of handling of subscriptions using prediction patterns  (Peter Sbrzesny and Martina Schildt)  


Friday, November 12, 2021 

Housekeeping 

  • Friday, November 26th meeting will be canceled due to the US Thanksgiving holiday.  
  • Survey on Acquisitions SIG management: please take some time to complete this survey regarding the Acquisitions SIG.  Dennis, Heather, and Susan are interested in knowing your thoughts in order to improve.  It should take about 15 minutes of time.  The survey is set to close on 11/20/2021, so please do it this up-coming week! Thanks. 
  • The survey is available here: https://mtsu.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7VUuSkW7SL51w90 and was posted on the Slack channel as well. 

Updates

Topics 

  • EDIFACT invoices and Kiwi (Ann-Marie) (20 minutes hard stop) 
  • Presentation of handling of subscriptions using prediction patterns  (Peter Sbrzesny and Martina Schildt) 30 minutes or to the end of the hour 

Implementers Topic (15 minutes hard stop - if there's time) 

  • Topic #15 packages (submitted by Sara Colglazier). 



Tuesday, November 9, 2021 


Tuesday, November 2, 2021 


Friday, October 29, 2021 

Updates

  • PC Update - 5 miuntues 
  • Bulk Edit Update - 5 minutes 
  • EDIFACT invoices and Kiwi (Ann-Marie) - 20 minutes 

Implementers Topics

We are going to go back and start covering the topic beginning with #14 and onward.  We are allocating 15 minutes with a hard stop on these. 

Regular business 


Tuesday, October 26, 2021


Tuesday, October 19, 2021 


Friday, October 15, 2021 

  • PC Update 
  • "Workslip" functionality from notes - see Slack conversation from 9/22/2021 10:53 am and continuing  
  • Review receiving enhancement mock-ups
  • Continue display acq information on instance conversation from Tuesday. 
  • Discuss adding a field or indicator to identify Consortium purchases separate from Organization/Vendor


Parking Lot Items 

  • Review and discuss "Date ordered" behavior when user unopen and reopen orders. Dennis will work on a story for the approval date that we can approve as a group. 8/24
  • Discuss the ability to export country as name rather then code in the voucher export. Defer topic till December.
  • Vouchers batch export question:  I've noticed that Invoice Date is not included in the invoice voucher file generated by the batch export process. That data element is expected by Duke's AP system. A voucher date is included on the file, but the voucher date and invoice date will not likely be the same.  https://wiki.folio.org/x/zgQGAg
  • Discussion on the note app functionality in Acq 

All Meeting Notes

 

2021-03-23 Acquisitions Group Meeting Notes



The Acquisitions Group Meets via Zoom every Tuesday 1-2pm Eastern U.S. time and every other Friday 9-10am Eastern U.S. time. 

TUESDAY MEETING ZOOM LINK

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  https://zoom.us/j/353648867  Meeting ID: 353 648 867.  

One tap mobile:  +16468769923,,353648867# US (New York)   +16699006833,,353648867# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location : +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)  or  Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adpH5ITcgX

FRIDAY MEETING ZOOM LINK 

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/675766727

See FOLIO meetings with Zoom for more information on how to connect.

Or mobile phone one-tap (US Toll):  +16465588656,675766727# or +14086380968,675766727#

Or Telephone:

Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 675 766 727
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Uz8gOxV-yqHRNcWlZKa4trK_0dP7WPfp


See FOLIO meetings with Zoom for more information on how to connect.

Find recordings of recent meetings on our Google Folder: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QGv745JZlpUrPqrRcooQMNZ44roMPXK6



Notes for meetings prior to March 23, 2021 are available here. 

______________________________________________________________________________


Up-Coming: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 

  • EDIFACT invoices and Kiwi (Ann-Marie) - 20 minutes  (hard stop) 


CURRENT:  Friday, October 15, 2021 

  • PC Update 
  • "Workslip" functionality from notes - see Slack conversation from 9/22/2021 10:53 am and continuing  
  • Review receiving enhancement mock-ups
  • Continue display acq information on instance conversation from Tuesday. 
  • Discuss adding a field or indicator to identify Consortium purchases separate from Organization/Vendor


Tuesday, October 12, 2021 

  • Display acq information on instance
  • Discuss adding a field or indicator to identify Consortium purchases separate from Organization/Vendor
  • Discuss adding Acquisitions Method for category "free" 

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

  • Continue UAT Receiving results
  • Display acq information on instance
  • Discuss adding a field or indicator to identify Consortium purchases separate from Organization/Vendor
  • Discuss adding Acquisitions Method for category "free" 

Friday, October 1, 2021 

  • PC Update - Kristin Martin 
  • Continue UAT Receiving results
  • Display acq information on instance
  • Discuss adding a field or indicator to identify Consortium purchases separate from Organization/Vendor
  • Discuss adding Acquisitions Method for category "free" 


Tuesday, September 28, 2021 

  • UAT Receiving results
  • "Workslip" functionality from notes - see Slack conversation from 9/22/2021 10:53am and continuing  - NOT COVERED 
  • Question:  Does it make to remove case sensitivity for acquisition units? Ie. should law, LAW or Law always be considered the same name?
  • Continue Discussing renewal integration (Ongoing order information)  - NOT COVERED 


Tuesday, September 21, 2021

  • Discuss displaying invoice line amount on POL instead of invoice amount  (discussed in meeting) 
  • Discuss instance matching (discussed in meeting) 
  • Continue Discussing renewal integration (Ongoing order information)
  • EDI Orders 

Friday, September 17, 2021 

  • PC Update  - 10 minutes Kristin M.  
  • Bulk Edit Presentation  - 20-30 minutes Magda 
  • UAT Receiving Testing 
  • Order renewal integration (see Dennis's poll in the channel) 
  • EDI Orders 

Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - CANCELED 

Tuesday, September 7, 2021 - CANCELED 

Friday, September 3, 2021 

Housekeeping  

  • Tuesday, September 7, 202, 1pm Eastern time meeting is CANCELED

Updates

Business (some old and some new) Dennis (50 minutes) 

  • Upcoming Receiving UAT 
  • Discussion around this question: If we replace the piece "Caption" field with copy number, enumeration and chronology. Which of those new fields should be populated with your current piece Caption field information?
  • EDI Orders  (again) 


Parking Lot Items 

  • EDI Orders 
  • Review and discuss "Date ordered" behavior when user unopen and reopen orders. Dennis will work on a story for the approval date that we can approve as a group. 8/24
  • Discuss the ability to export country as name rather then code in the voucher export. Defer topic till December.
  • Vouchers batch export question:  I've noticed that Invoice Date is not included in the invoice voucher file generated by the batch export process. That data element is expected by Duke's AP system. A voucher date is included on the file, but the voucher date and invoice date will not likely be the same.  https://wiki.folio.org/x/zgQGAg
  • Discussion on the note app functionality in Acq 

All Meeting Notes

 

2021-03-23 Acquisitions Group Meeting Notes



  • No labels