The FOLIO software development site is available at dev.folio.org.
FOLIO uses discuss.folio.org for asynchronous messaging. The Discuss site is a web forum with categories, topics, and posts. Use Discuss for asking questions and recording discussions that require more than a few sentences.
FOLIO uses wiki.folio.org to store documents with some permanence. FOLIO Special Interest Groups (SIGs), which are dedicated to specific functional areas or interests within FOLIO, have a space on the wiki.
Join the SIG meeting that is appropriate to the area where you are working: Community Calendars
Sign up for SIG mailing lists so you get all the emails sent to the group(s): https://ole-lists.openlibraryfoundation.org/
The FOLIO Google Drive has working documents for various project groups including most SIGs and the Product Council.
JIRA (list of projects): https://issues.folio.org/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=all
User stories have the following general format:
- Purpose - Story context for casual viewers. What is this story supposed to cover? If it's just an initial iteration of a larger feature, make that clear here.
- User story statement(s) - The user story statement is optional and you'll notice that many of our stories don't contain them. This is because, between the purpose and the scenarios, there is usually more than enough information to go on. That said, including a user story statement is best practice and if you have them please include them. They will take the format: As a < type of user >, I want < some goal > so that < some reason >
- Scenarios - On FOLIO, acceptance criteria are written as scenarios using the "gherkin syntax" (given, when, then)
- Attachments/links - Whenever possible, a UX mockup should be attached or linked to the user story. If there are elements of the mockup that are out of scope for the story (for example, because the technical prerequisites are not in place), then they should be noted as "out of scope for this story"
Some example user stories:
- UIU-253 - Loan Actions: Loan Action for Requests
- UIREQ-1 - Requests: View Request Details v1
- UIU-181 - Assign Proxy v2: Sponsor Sub-Section
For who is working on what, please see the Directory of Product Owners by Area of Focus.
Questions about the Product Owner role or processes? Contact Cate Boerema