Scope of engagement
Product Owners are supplied to the project by various vendors and academic institutions, however, Product Owners support the entire community. This means:
- Listening to all perspectives and working with the SIGs to design common solutions that meet all needs
- Capturing backlog items proposed by community members as UXPROD features so they can be ranked and prioritized for development
- Verifying with the broader community before making changes requested by a single institution
- Monitoring support issues and working to support all production customers with critical bug fixes
- Working with other Product Owners and SIGs to support the needs of adjacent domains and workflows
Product Owner Meetings
- There is a group meeting for Product Owners every two weeks.
- The Product Owners participate in the Sprint Reviews that are held every 4 weeks (after two two-week sprints have been completed). They occur on the Tuesday following the completion of the second of the two sprints at 11:00-12:30 US ET. (Exceptions are made for holidays.)
- Sprint review decks and recordings are on the Google drive here
- There is also a private #product_owners Slack channel
(Note: Contact Kelly Drake for more information about these meetings/channels.)
FOLIO is looking for Product Owners
Joining FOLIO as a product owner is a great way to make a big impact on the project. You will:
- Get involved in the FOLIO community
- Build your network
- Develop new skills
Candidates should be able to offer 50% or more of their time to FOLIO. Interested? Please see the job description for more information. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Kelly Drake.
Projects and Opportunities
We are always looking for good POs and there is plenty of work to be done. The below projects are highest priority to staff but there are many other unstaffed projects that could be considered depending on the candidates skills and interests.
|Miscellaneous features as-needed|
Pick up high priority features in various epics as-needed
Generally speaking, one PO is responsible for an entire epic. That said, there can be a lot of work in a single epic and it is sometimes possible to break off a feature or two for definition by another PO. This can really increase output across the project and ensure that development has an ample backlog of defined work to pull from. This would be a great role for someone who wants general exposure to the project without a major time commitment. Coordination with "primary PO" will be critical.
Duration 3 -6 months.
|Loans||Support circulation needs for checking items out, checking items in, recording information for troubleshooting and other resource access functions.||Ongoing.|
To simplify and streamline the workflow for adding holdings and items. Using minimalistic templates defined by the library, to keep staff, when adding items, from having to navigate through dozens of fields that the library never use.
|Duration 2 - 3 months|
|Search Enhancements||Enhancements to searching in FOLIO and consistency across apps|
Ideal candidate would have experience with search requirements and technologies.
Duration: 3 - 6 months