Table of Contents
Important Upgrade Considerations
This section outlines all changes that require special consideration for customers in production. Configuration changes may be needed to prevent operational interruptions:
- Inventory items now have a restricted set of valid statuses. Environments which are using their own statuses will need to change their records accordingly. The statuses are as follows (the capitalisation is important): Available; Awaiting pickup; Awaiting delivery; Checked out; In process; In transit; Missing; On order; Paged; Declared lost; Order closed and Claimed returned.
- Overdue fine policies must be set up and circulation rules have to refer to policies that exist. If you do not charge overdue fines, you need to create one overdue fine policy that is for an overdue fine of 0 and use that overdue fine policy for every circulation rule.
- Lost item fine policies must be set up and circulation rules have to refer to policies that exist. If you do not charge lost item fees, you need to create one lost item fee policy that is for a lost item fee of blank and use that lost item fee policy for every circulation rule. Here is an example of a default Lost Item Fee Policy to use if you do not charge lost item fees. The one required setting you will need to enter is the For lost items not charged a fee/fine, close the loan after interval. This setting is needed to insure that the loan is eventually closed.
- Upon deployment make sure that automatic fee/fine types were added to the
mod-feesfinesdatabase. Otherwise overdue fine creation functionality will not work for Q1 2020 release and lost item processing will not work for Q2 2020 release. To check, make a call to
/feefines?query=automatic==true. The response should contain 4 entries: "Overdue fine", "Lost item fee", Lost item processing fee" and "Replacement processing fee."
- All Service Points must be associated with a Fee/Fine Owner at Settings>Users>Fee/Fine: Owners for overdue fines to work properly. If an overdue fine is calculated for an item with an Effective Location whose Primary Service Point is not associated to a Fee/Fine Owner, the overdue fine will NOT be charged to the patron. (In the future we will have a Default Fee/fine Owner to be charged. See UXPROD-2278 for details.)
- mod-calendar: History/audit tables (table names starting with
audit_) are truncated (all data deleted) on upgrade. The format of the audit tables has been changed in RMB 25.0.0, there is no conversion because RMB versions before 25 were outdated and unsupported in Edelweiss.
- PubSub is being used and required in Fameflower. PubSub module allows use of the event-driven approach in cross-module interactions. This module works on top of Kafka/Zookeeper to deliver messages and create a queue of events. For supporting messaging between modules and correct PubSub mechanism work, it needs to have a Kafka/Zookeeper stack for FOLIO environments. It's important to have the right order on environments setup. First of all, start Kafka, then mod-pub-sub and after it, all other modules with dependencies on PubSub modules. For more information on installation or verifying that Kafka and PubSub are working together properly, consult the PubSub readme documentation or contact Oleksii Kuzminov Taras Spashchenko.
- Organizations codes must now be unique. This will prevent the migration of your organization records from Edelweiss to Fameflower if the Code they are using is used by another organization that was migrated first. There is a fix, but it was decided that this can wait until the Q2 release so there will be no Hotfix. A workaround would be making sure you have no duplicate code before the migration begins. JIRA issue - MODORGSTOR-68Getting issue details... STATUS
- User barcodes must be unique. This includes barcodes which have been set to an empty string. To workaround make sure you have no duplicate barcode before the migration begins. - MODUSERS-192Getting issue details... STATUS
- Order Fields have changed. The "Renewal accordion" on the POL has been replaced by "Ongoing order information" accordion. As a result libraries may want to revisit order templates. existing orders should not be affected as the data will be migrated in the backend.
- mod-data-export is a new module which can be used to export bibliographic data in MARC binary format. For Q1 the only supported storage for file export will AWS S3. For configuration steps please see (https://github.com/folio-org/mod-data-export/blob/master/README.md)(For questions contact Kruthi Vuppala / Magda Zacharska )
(Note: There will be platform agnostic implementations in future releases)
- raml module builder (RMB) based back-end modules should use RMB version 29.3.* or 29.4.*. The platform core team will provide hot-fixes only for these versions during the period of time where Fameflower is the latest FOLIO release. The module spreadsheet indicates each module's RMB version.
- raml module builder (RMB) based back-end modules should not be installed or updated in parallel but one by one in sequence. Otherwise some might fail with "tuple concurrently updated" (RMB-598).
- Patron groups that contain non-alpha numeric characters cannot be used for filtering in Users app - UIU-1568Getting issue details... STATUS
- When you pay or waive a fee/fine from the Fee/Fine Details page, the action will not take effect until you manually refresh the browser page. If you fail to do so, and enter the payment/waive again, the transaction will be entered again with no way to get rid of it. - UIU-1644Getting issue details... STATUS
- When creating an order line and saving it with the Package toggle disable and then editing it and enabling the package toggle or vice versa could result in unwanted receiving records (receiving titles). This will be handled by the following issue during Q2 - MODORDERS-374Getting issue details... STATUS
- Related invoices are not displayed at the PO level. When processing invoices against POLs you will be able to view the POL and see related invoices. However, even though they display on the POL they will not show as related invoices on the PO. - MODINVOICE-148Getting issue details... STATUS will complete this work
- Order prefixes and suffixes are not added to the order number during order creation when using the respective dropdown fields on order form. However, you can allow order number to be edited in settings and manually add prefix and suffix to order number in UI. The following issues will resolve this in Q2 and migrate data as needed.
Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
- There are two remaining permissions for mod orders that are no longer usable as they have been removed. However, they may still appear in old databases: 'Orders: Check-in items' and 'Orders: Receive/Check-in items'. These permissions will be cleaned up with a script or some additional code in mod-perms for dealing with deprecated permissions. See the following issues for status
- In some circumstances when creating a new budget you are not able to allocate more than 0 dollars. After creating the budget allocations can be made as needed but the system sometimes chokes when trying to create the allocation along with the budget. - MODFIN-129Getting issue details... STATUS
- View transactions. If you have viewed a previous budgets transactions you need to click view transactions, click 'x' to close it, click view transactions again to refresh the list. - UIF-210Getting issue details... STATUS
Data Import: (Questions? Check with Ann-Marie Breaux)
- Matches: Can match between MARC Bibs and Inventory Instances/Holdings/Items only. Will add matching between MARC Bibs and MARC Bibs in Q2
- Actions: Can create MARC Bibs, Inventory Instances, Inventory Holdings, and Inventory Items only. Will add updating for those record types in Q2.
- Field mappings: Can create field mappings for Inventory Instances/Holdings/Items except for 4 specialized types of fields, which will be added as hotfixes for Fameflower:
- Date pickers
- Reference values/Dropdowns
- Repeatable fields
- Will add field mapping modifications for MARC Bibs in Q2
- Job profiles: Can create job profiles that include the acceptable matches, actions, and field mappings described above. One bug, UIDATIMP-413 needs to be resolved and hotfixed to Fameflower before the job profiles will work properly.
|Date (verified in BugFest)||Bug fixed||Documentation on GitHub|
|4/30/2020||Hotfix release (needs more info added here)|
Overdue fine not calculated properly when closed time not counted--Part 2 (CIRC-736)
|5/27/2020||Agreements and Licenses | customProperty values with type text should not be limited to 255 chars via the UI||https://github.com/folio-org/stripes-erm-components/releases/tag/v2.3.2|
New Features by Epic (Sub-Project)
|RAML Module Builder||2||5||0||0||0||5||12|
|Total Unique Issues:||69||169||188||12||3||211||652|
View in Jira
All Closed Bugs and Stories
|EBSCO - FSE||0||0||1||0||0||0||1|
|ERM Subgroup Dev Team||0||1||11||1||0||99||112|
|Total Unique Issues:||74||430||617||23||4||321||1469|
View in Jira
Remaining Open Bugs at Time of Release
|ERM Subgroup Dev Team||4||2||8||0||0||42||56|
|Total Unique Issues:||36||283||632||126||7||417||1501|
View in Jira