Follow-up on last week's data import discussion (UXPROD-1419)
- what use cases exist for cross-tenant use given the scope of data for Data Import app?
Any use cases for data import across tenants?
- bib records for ebooks; might not be an issue if this can be handled through ERM functionality
- no scenarios for order/invoice loads across multiple tenants
What other use cases exist (regardless of Data Import feature scope)?
- Vendor data - possibly just a one-time activity on system implementation/migration (UXPROD-817 - remove orders/invoices reference)
- License information
- Circulation policies (reciprocal borrowing agreements) - possibly just a one-time load but might be a need to do this iteratively for new libraries or for changes in policies
- Fund/budget structure -
- Central fund management for EBA/DDA collections?
- keeping track of institutions that are incurring fees; tracking which libraries are using it the most
- may be part of UXPROD-823 (earmark for future discussion)
- E-resources data - ERM data for resources provided by consortia or state-level groups; might be more of a global configuration change (this might apply to a lot of these use cases)
- there might be some opportunities to utilize GoKB for some of these group-negotiated e-resource packages
- Users - loading users of other libraries in a consortium (ideally, though, this data would be shared across tenants rather than loaded into each tenant)