|45min ||FOLIO Single-tenant Requests Demo |
Kelly demoed basic Requests functionality
- can a request only be ended by checking it out to the patron? assumption: if it reaches a 'pickup expired' status it seems like there is probably another way to close the request
- hopefully there's an ability to see more than just the barcode when the patron's id is scanned and a message shows up that an item is on hold for them (how would staff be able to identify the item to pull on the hold shelf?)
- Fulfillment preference "Delivery" may be useful to implement cross-tenant unmediated requests
- possibility: all items get checked out to patron library; patron library puts in a new request to get it to patron's desired pickup point for checkout (some concerns related to transparency of entire request/checkout process for owning library and patron's ability to pickup/return the item at any valid service point)
- Statuses needed
- overdue and lost reports - these are more about the circulation of the item, not the request; their request status would be "Closed - Filled"
- seems like currently available statuses should suffice for cross-tenant too
- is this useful to know about?
- useful to align our workflows with what already exists
- useful for brainstorming how cross-tenant unmediated borrowing would fit on top of single-tenant requests (solution architecting)
- service points
- might be possible for pickup service points across the consortium to be synced in each library's FOLIO tenant
- Q: how would this get synced? manually duplicated? might be difficult to keep things aligned; ideal scenario would be to pull in the locations in real-time
- Q: if all pickup locations are listed how does one library know when to ship to main library vs. branch? (sounds like courier service might solve this)