The SysOps & Management SIG creates a Data Migration Subgroup. The subgroup will be open for participants from other SIGs.
The members of this subgroup are the people who :
- will be doing data migration at their institution
- are in charge of data migration in their functional area (can be a different SIG, a library department etc.)
- are experts in data migration or interested in
|Kathleen Berry||UMass at Amherst|
Uschi Klute Klute
|UMass at Amherst / Five Colleges|
Charge of the Data Migration Subgroup
Areas of concern:
- Adequacy and best practices for data migration
- Migration of data from various currently used Integrated Library Systems (taken from SIG charge)
- acceptable data formats, record types people want to migrate, record layout for a migration record, data formats that the APIs accept
- define where migration is possible and where it is necessary to start over
- test pefomance of the APIs
- Documentation for migration
- Data migration plan, working with various SIGs for SME input. (from SIG charge)
- Specifications for migration tools that have not already been identified for development. (from SIG charge)
Requirements and priorities for module / API creation; set deadlines for readiness of module APIs; find gaps in what the APIs can accomodate and determine what needs to be filled
- Slack channel #data-migration-group
- Wiki space (this page)
- Mailing list email@example.com; see archives or join here.
- Google drive
See FOLIO Communication Spaces for more details about the project's communication channels.
Meetings currently on hiatus. Use slack to propose meeting discussion topics. (The Data Migration group meets biweekly Mondays at 11am Eastern U.S. time. For more details, see the Data Migration Group Agenda and Notes.)
For more information about the Data Migration group, contact the Data Migration Subgroup convener, Darsi Rueda .
Recent space activity
Copy of 2023-09-18 - Data Migration Subgroup Agenda and Notes created Oct 02, 2023
2023-09-18 - Data Migration Subgroup Agenda and Notes updated Sep 18, 2023 view change
2023-07-10 - Data Migration Subgroup Agenda and Notes updated Jul 10, 2023 view change
- No labels