- UXPROD-2865Getting issue details... STATUS
- Local fields - Some institutions put semi structured information in Notes fields. This would eliminate the need for these types of workarounds
- Reporting codes - Institutions add various details to orders and other records that are later leveraged to build reports or filter orders and facilitate workflows
Current implementation of custom fields in users app
Limitations that need to be overcome
- Fields currently must appear within the defined accordion (Not critical)
- Searching and Filtering is currently unavailable (Critical, would need to add this)
- Fields are not easily identifiable by labels in the database
- These fields should be available in Purchase order templates as well. Is this possible?
Create custom fields in order app settings
Edit custom fields while creating or editing orders
Search and filter by custom fields
- Would require ability to search and filter by custom fields in the relevant app
- Would need to include custom fields in record exports from system with relevant labels
- Would need these fields to be identifiable in the database for other applications to reference them if needed. Using a meaningful convention for identifying them that is hopefully better than CF1, CF2, CF3 etc.
- Optionally allow fields to be visible in receiving UI and Order UI
- Fields can be populated using order templates
Hi Dennis BridgesAn additional possible requirement, which might be Phase 2 - ability for external processes (e.g. the Order API or Data Import) to act on custom fields. For Data Import, this would affect the field mapping screen (fields would vary from tenant to tenant, instead of being consistent across all tenants), plus what data is sent to the Orders app to build the order.
There's a similar issue with order templates, which will need to reflect any custom fields added by a tenant.
Thanks AM this is an excellent point! We will need to see what is technically possible here.