Getting to Done
Issue status is In Progress
An issue is considered Done when it is deployed and ready for QA testing.
- Code for the Story/Bug issue and relevant sub-issues is
- fully and successfully unit tested
- Dependencies and regression tests are updated
- Functional testing is completed and passed
- Browser and device/platform testing is completed and passed
- Accessibility testing is completed and passed, to conform with FOLIO Accessibility Primer guidelines
- Integration tests are passing
- UI regression testing is completed and passed
Workflow (by Developer):
- Pull request is raised
- Automated checks on PR are passed
- Jira issue is transitioned to
In Code Reviewand assigned to Lead Dev.
Issue status is In Code Review
- Code is successfully reviewed by Lead Dev
- All development Subtasks are Resolved
- All defined acceptance criteria (including Scenario sub-issues) are met and covered by relevant tests.
- Code is merged Lead Dev
- Fix Version is set by Lead Dev
- Code is deployed into QA environment for testing
Workflow (by Lead Dev):
- Passes Code Review: Jira issue is transitioned to
In QAand Unassigned.
- Does not pass Code Review: Jira issue is transitioned to
Openand assigned back to Developer.
Getting to Done-Done
Issue status is In QA
A story is considered Done-Done when it has passed testing by product and user experience representatives, indicating it is ready for release.
- Performance testing is completed and passed. Developer
- Functionality passes QA testing for the main issue and any Scenario sub-issues. Tester.
- Functionality passes usability and UI convention guidelines. UX Lead.
- Business outcome of story is met. Product Owner.
- The issue is not Blocked by another issue. Product Owner.
Workflow (by Tester):
- Passes QA: Transition Transition issue and sub-issues to
For Releaseand assign to Product Owner.
- Does not pass QA: Transition to
Openand assign back to Developer.
Getting to Done, Done and Done
Issue status is For Release
A story is considered Done, Done and Done when it requires no further action for delivery. It is assumed ready for UAT in the reference environments and subsequent rollout to production environments.
- Packaging and deployment scripts are created. Lead Dev.
- Technical documentation (including RAML specs) is updated. Lead Dev.
- User documentation is updated. Product Owner.
- User acceptance tests documented. Product Owner.
- Release note created. Lead Dev.
- Changelog updated. Lead Dev.
- Readme updated. Lead Dev.
Workflow (by Product Owner): Jira issue is
Functionality demonstrated to and accepted by usergroup
Code and related assets deployed to Folio snapshot environment
Deployment to FOLIO snapshot or production environment is not required to be considered Done, Done and Done. This should be handled automatically through FOLIO CI scripts.
Separate release to UAT environment and hands-on User Acceptance Testing by users.
Release to content / staging environment