Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata



Discussion items


September 27: Resource Access

Host: Sharon Wiles-Young

Presenters: Deb Lamb,  Cate Boerema

Sharon Wiles-Young
  • Announcement is up:
  • Michael will set up webinar
  • Eric posted to ER&L
  • Sharon posted to Serialist
  • Joseph posted to AutoCat and Metadata librarians lists
  • Sharon met with Deb and brought up issue with using cameras and decided not to include cameras for this forum.
  • Cameras may work best with panels where there is more dialog.

October 11: FOLIO Development Process

Host: Holly Mistlebauer

Presenter: TBD

Show the process of FOLIO development- SIG to developers, PO, UX/UI- SIG discussions on functionality examples of decision making, give the SIG's approach and others, timing of decisions, feedback loops how does that work?

    • Still up in the air. Need to identify a presenter.
    • Sharon Wiles-Young talked to Holly. She is going to wait until the developers meeting is over check in with them.

October 25: Roadmap Update & Demo

Host:  Eric Hartnett

Presenter: Harry Kaplanian, TBD

Notes from the previous meeting:

    • Redo the roadmap to reflect the current reality? 
    • Peter Murray will ask about a demo by a developer - Possible candidates - Kurt, Jeremy Huff

November 15: Acquisitions Update

Host: ?

Presenter: ?

Notes from the previous meeting:

    • Delay due to Charleston Conference?
    • Not sure if there is enough to present yet on RM - Acquisitions. Will check at PC.

Nov/Dec: GoKB: November 29

Host: Michael Winkler

Presenter: Jahann Rolschewski, SVBSBK

GOKb update, other updates Open Library Foundation news and work going forward

  • Will present eventually.

      December 13th

End of year review:  FOLIO review


  • Emphasis will be less on coding and more on how community has grown and matured.
  • Possible presenters: Christopher Spalding, Sebastion Hammer, & Michael Winkler.
  • Would be interesting to look at success of forums
Review Idea Bank 
  • Presentations could start to look at deployment, particularly in a hosted, non-hosted environment
  • Work to prep for migrations to FOLIO. Get implementation managers on a panel.
  • Reach out to convener of Implementation SIG (January?)
  • How FOLIO is impacting libraries now: view from Cornell – wait to reach out until we have better sense of implementation timelines; How are they viewing FOLIO from a strategic perspective

Upcoming Conferences

Check Trello Board

ER&L and CIL

AND ALA midwinter- panel on open source projects- Symposium on Libraries

  Date               Facilitator                  Notes

Action items