December 13th: End of year review: FOLIO review
- Went well. Many clips that could be used in the future writing of the history of the FOLIO project.
- 102 people signed into webinar
- After Michael Winkler posts the video to YouTube, Rachel Fadlon will send an email to all participants with the link to the recording.
- No Twitter questions, but did get retweets and people following the project's Twitter account. FLO is notably good at retweeting us. Someone from "RedHat India" liked many of the tweets; Peter Murray will follow-up.
- Even if we don't have the descriptions, can we put the list of upcoming Forums on the website so people know what is coming? Good idea!
January 17th: What's the Buzz? Introduction to APIs in Libraries
Host: Eric Hartnett
Presenters: Beth German and Jeremy Huff
- Date nailed down to January 17th. Needing to get the description so the registration can be posted.
February 7: Update on Innovation Grants
- Rachel Fadlon reaching out to Andrew about date and announcement and will copy Mark
February 21: Open Source Panel
Webinar on Open Source Panel like the panel session at ALA Midwinter
- Now have link to the Forum description to the left.
March 7: Roadmap Update
|Host: Sharon Wiles-Young|
Harry Kaplanian can do, needs partner to demo.
Peter Murray is asking for a partner to demo:
Getting issue details...
Sharon Wiles-Young to rework description of the session
March 21: GOKb
GOKb update, other updates Open Library Foundation news and work going forward
Host: Michael Winkler
Presenter: Jahann Rolschewski, SVBSBK
April: Acquisitions Update
- Work around ER&L starting on March 4th
- Eric Hartnett to make contact with aquisitions SIG members to check about the April date and content.
June: Walk-through/Discussion of Beta Release and Partners
Change this to a beta hosting discussion
ALA Annual: June 22-25
- Check with Daniel from Chalmers to present since they will be beta hosting site- 3 beta partners on panel
- What about other partners - Sirsi and ByWater
July: Roadmap Update
|Review Idea Bank|| |
- Presentations could start to look at deployment, particularly in a hosted, non-hosted environment
- Work to prep for migrations to FOLIO. Get implementation managers on a panel.
- Reach out to convener of Implementation SIG (late Spring?)
- How FOLIO is impacting libraries now: view from Cornell – wait to reach out until we have better sense of implementation timelines; How are they viewing FOLIO from a strategic perspective
- What is the international perspective on FOLIO? Can we get a panel of international sites (Australia, GVB) to give their perspectives? Plus, international update
- Host a Forum in the Spanish language with roadmap discussion and demo, could be hosted by Lydia @ EBSCO, include UNAM development team
- April/May timeline, before beta implementation in June/July: have a beta site talk about their interest in FOLIO (how and why as a strategy); what are some of the mechanics of the site doing the implementation
|Conference News?|| |
Cod4Lib one session accepted.
Session in VALA, Australia and a reception for Directors there. Neil to present.
ALA Midwinter: A Peek Inside Open Source Communities: An Open Panel Discussion Saturday, February 10, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center, Mineral Hall E, 3rd Floor. details
Saturday night reception at ALA Midwinter
- Cancel meetings on December 20 and 27. Next meeting is January 3.