Oct 17 Single Tenant Implementation
Host: Sharon Wiles-Young
Cate Boerema, Susan Kimball
FOLIO: Single Tenant Implementation
Join us to learn about a single tenant implementation and if a single-tenant FOLIO implementation will work for my organization? This question is relevant for consortia, like the Five Colleges, as well as any organization with semi-autonomous campuses or libraries. This presentation will explore the pros and cons of a single-tenant implementation. What kind of permission controls are available? What data segmentation is provided? What about circulation rules and policies, service points and fee/fine schedules? Together the presenters will do a deep dive into the considerations that matter so you can decide whether this type of implementation will work for you.
Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jJVseCzPSXSH3xPq59wfBA
On Trello board, will go into newsletter, FOLIO site (Michael can be back up)
- Host post to All SIG list, listservs
October 31st: Update on Innovation Grants
| Host: Peter Murray|
Presenter: Andrew Nagy
Andrew Nagy to present at WOLFCON about grant. Villanova, Illinois, Lehigh.
- Andrew (10 minutes)
- Presenters (15 minutes each)
- 20180829 update: Illinois and Lehigh look good; Villanova looks promising.
- 20180905 update: Peter to reply to Jim Hahn's message – copying Mark and Andrew.
- Description tomorrow and Friday- registration link will be needed next week
November 14th: Roadmap update
|Eric will reach out to Harry. Harry is ready to present.|
November 28th? – Open Library Foundation
|Host: Michael Winkler|
To talk holistically about the communities in the Foundation: the ones that exist, the ones that are coming on. Talk about the idea of scope for the FOLIO project as it relates to the goals of these communities coming onboard. To include members of the OLF Board, ideally.
Peter Murray to talk with Michael Winkler about this date.
December 12th? - Year in Review
Host: Laura Wright
Panelists: Michael, Seb, Christopher
?: Panel Discussion of Vendor Partners
|Repeat of what happened at WOLFCON plus Knowledge Integration, Bibliolabs|
?: "Beyond ILS” session: Resource sharing/Research/Special Collections
Host: Michael Winkler
Moderator: Sebastian Hammer
Heidi Mann, Nassib, Mitchell.
|On hold for now. Sebastian is confirming with participants.|
?: Panel Discussion of Early Implementers/Adopters Partners
|Review Idea Bank|| |
- ERM review
- MARCCat as a new topic? ONCE this is available this would be a nice follow up Inventory FORUM-
- Presentations could start to look at deployment, particularly in a hosted, non-hosted environment
- Work to prep for migrations to FOLIO. Get implementation managers on a panel.
- How FOLIO is impacting libraries now: view from Cornell – wait to reach out until we have better sense of implementation timelines; How are they viewing FOLIO from a strategic perspective
- What is the international perspective on FOLIO? Can we get a panel of international sites (Australia, GVB) to give their perspectives? Plus, international update
- Host a Forum in the Spanish language with roadmap discussion and demo, could be hosted by Lydia @ EBSCO, include UNAM development team. Rachel Fadlonto investigate.
- Podcasting as a possibility to get developers to answer questions about the process, EBSCO has people who be able to edit
- Panel of PO/SIG facilitator/developer together to discuss the full life cycle, moderated by product owner
Need more sign ups for meet up for Charleston and reception on Monday night
Netspeed in Canda whole track on FOLIO- Jesse (Cornell) and Denise (Stacks) and Andrew Nagy
RDA and Inventory app- AMIGOS Future of Cataloging - Laura will present