Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Agenda:

  • No more meetings until June 24.  Then plan July Forum and Fall Forums.

Forum plans:

ItemWhoNotes

May 20: Inventory/QuickMARC update

54 simultaneous viewers.  Two questions for Charlotte; none for Steph.  Maybe because MM people already saw the demo?  Or because she was at the end?

YouTube as delivery platform:  decreased analytics...don't know who they are.  Also don't get the e-mail reminders.  Refresh memories about what the cost differential between the 100-seat license and the 500-seat license.

For the next one, greater emphasis on the social media promotion.  Will promote recording of this one over social media.

Hard to see what Charlotte was showing.  Font display too small for the demo.  For the future, remind presenters to bump up their font size and/or reduce their screen resolution.

Reminder to keep presentations to an hour.  Inventory review would have been better with a tighter presentation and/or less material for an overview.  More clearly communicate expectations to presenters.  As facilitators, discuss in a facilitator's meeting guidance on time allotments for each piece of the presentation.

Not having slides is difficult for the people doing the live-tweeting.  Ask: "What do you expect people to take away from the presentation?'  A couple of points on a slide that can highlight these parts.

mid-July: LDP Reports Update


Nassib Nassar asked that we delay a month to give the report developers a chance to get a little farther in their work.

?:  Circulation

Host:

It has been a while since a review of the circulation apps was done and there are some exciting things happening.  Peter Murrayto ask the RA POs what they think about doing a demo now.

20200422: They will talk about it at one of their upcoming meetings now that they have restarted Zoom calls.

?: Shanghai Public Library


From Rachel Fadlonon 20200205: Shanghai Library was honored we asked and would like to do a forum, but "They would like to host the event several months later once some apps are well developed, and the virus wave passes."

From Rachel Fadlon on 20200415: Will ask if they are interested/available.  They are doing a webinar for EBSCO in May (12th) as well.  Suggested dates: any Wednesday in May.  Would be a repeat/update of what they did for WOLFcon in January.

20200422: Shanghai is not ready.

Reverse RFP


Harry's document.  Get Harry's input on when this will be ready to present to the world.  Is it something we'd like to do as a Forum?

Role of Subject-Matter Experts in FOLIO

Keep as a FOLIO Forum.

As a part of onboarding new people into the community.  Similar to what we did in the past where we had what each of the SIG conveners talk about what they are doing and how people can get involved.

Series of presentations from PC Chair, SIG Convener, UX Designer, Product Owner, Developer – how does everyone work all together.  Possibly part of the general track of WOLFcon?

SIG conveners have not yet started meeting, but the conveners have talked about more consistency across the SIGs, so this could come from the SIG conveners.

20200415: Peter Murray to ask SIG Conveners about this.

?: "Beyond ILS” session: Research/Special Collections

Host:

Moderator: Sebastian Hammer

Heidi Mann, Nassib, Mitchell.

On hold for now. Sebastian is confirming with participants.

Preceded by Sebastian/Christopher/Michael with a session about where we are on the project.  What we've discussed with Resource Sharing, for instance. 

Codex
in order to put pressure on ourselves to make some decisions around Inventory and Codex
Review Idea Bank
  • Usage Statistics
  • Presentations could start to look at deployment, particularly in a hosted, non-hosted environment
  • Work to prep for migrations to FOLIO. Get implementation managers on a panel.
  • How FOLIO is impacting libraries now: view from Cornell – wait to reach out until we have better sense of implementation timelines; How are they viewing FOLIO from a strategic perspective
  • What is the international perspective on FOLIO? Can we get a panel of international sites (Australia, GVB) to give their perspectives? Plus, international update
  • Host a Forum in the Spanish language with roadmap discussion and demo, could be hosted by Lydia @ EBSCO, include UNAM development team. Rachel Fadlon to investigate.
  • Podcasting as a possibility to get developers to answer questions about the process, EBSCO has people who be able to edit
  • Panel of PO/SIG facilitator/developer together to discuss the full life cycle, moderated by product owner
  • Codex Revisited, based on the vision statement – including the entity formerly known as authority work.
Conference News


New Business

Action items

  •  
  • No labels