FOLIO DevOps team is responsible for the following areas:
- Supporting technical aspects of the FOLIO release management
- Maintaining technical documentation (dev.folio.org) and supporting (e.g. api-lint, api-doc, and dev.f.o/reference/api)
- Maintaining CI/CD pipelines for folio-org repos (Jenkins/Github Workflows Actions)
- Administering Confluence/JIRA
- Administering folio-org Github organization
- Maintaining FOLIO reference environments (folio-snapshot and release-based environments etc)
- Development support:
- Vagrant box dev environment
- FOLIO system integration (new modules, new supporting infrastructure)
How to contact DevOps?
- Please use the FOLIO Slack channel #hosted-reference-envs for urgent matters regarding hosted reference environments folio-snapshot, etc (build failures). Refer to explanation of the reference environments, including automated build schedule and how to request urgent rebuild outside of the normal schedule.
- Self-service: How to obtain reference environment module logs
- Please follow How to raise a DevOps Jira ticket for filing tickets with requests for changing configuration or adding new modules or infrastructure into reference environments, etc.
- If you are planning to request inclusion of a new module to the reference environment, make sure to prepare the code correctly and allow plenty of time: https://dev.folio.org/guides/install-backend-module/
What are we working on now?
- See FOLIO Jira board: https://issues.folio.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=143
Note: DevOps engineers responsible primarily for the Rancher scratch envs have been spun off to a separate team: Kitfox Team DevOps - Dev Support
|Uni Mainz||GitHub, CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure|
|Index Data||GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, RefEnv builds, CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure, docs|
|Index Data||Infrastructure, CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins, GitHub, etc|
|Index Data||Infrastructure (Ansible), Vagrant, etc|
|Index Data||System integration, Infrastructure|
Note: area is for information only, please use the public Slack channels or Jira for contacting DevOps and not the engineers directly