Create new github account with photo and corporate email address;
Register in JIRA, set up photo for both JIRA and Confluence;
- If permissions issues in JIRA or GitHub, work with your scrum master to sort it out. Various other people have administrator privileges, and can update permissions for new developers. Regarding GitHub access: Your scrum master or an existing team developer needs to ask on #devops and provide your GitHub username link.
Attend to Slack channel, specify your status in "What I do" field ("Edit your profile" page), for example "Java Development, EPAM".
- Become familiar with API documentation.
Review Project Overview and Presentation (see links below)
Research start page https://dev.folio.org/start
Go through Tutorial guide. Import sample Postman collection FOLIO.postman_collection.json
Get acquainted with documents in Confluence space
Get acquainted with Guides
- Ask someone from the team to walk through the UI particular application where the newcomer will work (for example ui-data-import) on one of the FOLIO reference environments (e.g. folio-snapshot-load). This would help newcomer with understanding what things has already been done and would help with further estimation for the similar stories on the planning.
- Newcomer should ask for the resources/information regarding domain topics the particular application consists of. For example data-import application deals with job profiles, match profiles, action profiles. For a newcomer those therms say nothing so further clarification is needed.
- Note for an estimation process. All stories which are ready to be estimated with PO on the grooming meeting need to be analyzed by developers before the meeting in order to focus more on estimation and on resolving question during the meeting. If there are not enough information, the questions within the team should be raised (for example client-server communication questions, data format and response statuses expected by UI from the server, etc.) and if needed additional tasks should be created and linked with appropriate tasks.
- Check out recordings on FOLIO functionality here
Okapi will create two databases : okapi and okapi_modules
New module creation procedure
Pull request creation, code style, tests
UI and Backend modules structure
Software Build Pipeline, Jenkins, Nexus Repository Manager, Docker Hub
- Explain database schema