There is one permission for this area of Settings:
- Settings (Circ): Can create, edit and remove loan policies
There are no action-based permissions for this area of FOLIO.
The fields available in a loan policy are dynamically generated depending on configuration options that are chosen.
- Policy Name
- Text field
- Does it need to be unique?
- Policy Description
- Text box
- not required
- If unchecked, no other fields display
- If unchecked, policy will function as making item non-circulating
- Because policies are re-usable, libraries should only need one non-circulating policy to be created
- Loan Profile
- Required if item loanable
- Drop-down menu
- Two choices - fixed, rolling
- Fixed: when item is loaned during a particular time period, define the end date. Use this for "loan item to the end of semester" or "loan item to end of academic year"
- Rolling: for loan periods of defined length, including short loans (<24 hours). Use this for "item loaned for 28 days" or "item loaned for one week."
|If you choose a rolling loan profile, you get the following fields:||If you choose a fixed loan profile, you get the following fields:|
Fixed due date schedule
Fixed due date schedule (due date limit)
Closed library due date management
Closed library due date management
- If unchecked, no other fields in the renewals section display, and the item is not renewable
If Renewable is checked, you get additional fields.
- Unlimited renewals
If Unlimited renewals is unchecked, you get the following field;
- Number of renewals allowed
- Number input - number of renewals that are allowed on the loan.
And then finally, if Renewable is checked, and Unlimited renewals checked or unchecked, you get the following field:
- Renewal period different from original loan
- If checked, you are prompted to choose an alternate fixed due date schedule for renewals.
This is where you decide if you want to allow recalls and/or holds. All of these fields are optional. If you leave them empty, the policy will allow NO recalls and NO holds. (this needs to be verified)
Recall Return Interval
This option is for how long a patron has to return a recalled item before it becomes overdue. (this needs to be verified)
Minimum guaranteed loan period for recalled items
If you choose to allow an item to be recalled, but not have a minimum guaranteed loan period, the recall return interval effectively becomes the minimum guaranteed loan period for recalled items. (this needs to be verified)
Alternate loan period at checkout for items with an active, pending hold request
This field would be used if you wanted to shorten a checkout for an item that has people waiting in line for it. If an item is checked out and has no one in the hold queue, then it would get the regular loan period.
Allow renewal of items with an active, pending hold request
If an item has been checked out, and there are holds in queue for the item, and you check this box, that means you are allowing the patron who has the item to continue to renew it. The patron who has the item can continue to renew it based on the settings in the Renewals section above.
No default search functions are available in this area of Settings.
If this changes, please update the documentation.
The functional workflows for this area of FOLIO are to create, edit, and save loan policies.
Libraries will want to have different loan policies to apply different behaviors depending on how they circulate their items. Those behaviors are governed by the field options detailed in UX/UI.
There are no action-based permissions for this section of FOLIO. If that changes, please update this documentation.
Because these are settings options, there are no default in-app reports for this area of FOLIO.
There are no LDP reports/queries for this area of FOLIO. If that changes, please update this documentation.
There should be no user-identifiable information in this area of FOLIO, so no fields that would be held back from the LDP.
There are no supported integrations out-of-the-box in this section of FOLIO. If that changes, please update this documentation.