Information in italics is intended to provide guidance while writing documentation and in general should be removed when a doc is at a v.1 stage.
The italics are suggestions to help guide what might go in a particular section. If you feel a section does not apply to the app or feature, please keep the section but just add that it does not apply.
If you feel it makes more sense for your documentation, you can move sections up and down.
This area of FOLIO is where librarians will create individual loan policies to use in circulation rules.
Loan policies govern item loanability, how due dates are calculated, loan renewal behavior, and loan recall behavior.
Loan policies include options tor determine whether an item is loanable at all;
- whether loan due dates are fixed, or rolling;
- managing item due dates around times when the library is closed;
- due date grace periods;
- due date limits;
- renewal behavior - allowed/limited/unlimited
- renewal loan period behavior;
- recall loan period behavior;
- hold loan period behavior (when others are waiting for an item);
Loan policies are reusable in circulation rules.
There is one permission for this area of Settings:
- Settings (Circ): Can create, edit and remove loan policies
There are no action-based permissions for this area of FOLIO.
Describe out of the box fields, including designed purpose, data requirements and validation, dependencies between fields.
Describe out of the box accordion menus, including purpose of the menus, customization options, and associated permission controls (if any)
Describe any workflows available through navigation menus, including purpose of the workflow, customization options, and associated permission controls.
The fields available in a loan policy are dynamically generated depending on configuration options that are chosen.
- Policy Name
- Text field
- Does it need to be unique?
- Policy Description
- Text box
- not required
- If unchecked, no other fields display
- If unchecked, policy will function as making item non-circulating
- Because policies are re-usable, libraries should only need one non-circulating policy to be created
- Loan Profile
- Required if item loanable
- Drop-down menu
- Two choices - fixed, rolling
- Fixed: when item is loaned during a particular time period, define the end date. Use this for "loan item to the end of semester" or "loan item to end of academic year"
- Rolling: for loan periods of defined length, including short loans (<24 hours). Use this for "item loaned for 28 days" or "item loaned for one week."
|If you choose a rolling loan profile, you get the following fields:||If you choose a fixed loan profile, you get the following fields:|
Fixed due date schedule
Fixed due date schedule (due date limit)
Closed library due date management
Closed library due date management
- If unchecked, no other fields in the renewals section display, and the item is not renewable
If Renewable is checked, you get additional fields.
- Unlimited renewals
If Unlimited renewals is unchecked, you get the following field;
- Number of renewals allowed
- Number input - number of renewals that are allowed on the loan.
And then finally, if Renewable is checked, and Unlimited renewals checked or unchecked, you get the following field:
- Renewal period different from original loan
- If checked, you are prompted to choose an alternate fixed due date schedule for renewals.
No default search functions are available in this area of Settings.
If this changes, please update the documentation.
Describe available tasks that can be conducted in the app. To document those tasks, create a new page and link it to this page.
Describe action-based permissions that are connected to these functional workflows, if any.
Describe available in-app reports, including parameters for the reports, and associated permissions.
If there are developed LDP reports/queries for this app / area of FOLIO, describe those reports as well.
List any fields that may not be available in the LDP (e.g., for privacy reasons.)
Describe any APIs that interact with the app. Provide links to the API / module information in Github.
Describe integrations that individual libraries may wish to develop for this app / area of FOLIO, if relevant.
If existing integrations have been developed by adopting libraries, provide links to the integration in Github or wherever the information can be found.
Describe and include any permanent links such as a link structure to records, searches, etc
Considerations for Implementation
Describe decisions or implications that need to be considered when implementing this feature.
Include topics such as order of operations during implementation or affects of implementing in a certain way.