MarcEdit video presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aSUnNC48Hw (27:38 min)
- Peter Murray had been in discussions with Terry Reese about a MarcEdit/FOLIO integration.
They have spoken about the FOLIO architecture and MarcEdit architecture. Within MarcEdit, the FOLIO database could be searched, edited, and uploaded. The bookmark functionality in FOLIO will probably be able to work with MarcEdit.
- Cate and Jakub have been speaking with an Italian company that may be interested in creating a cataloging app.
- Charlotte encourage members to view the MarcEdit video. (Link is above.)
- Sebastian stated the intention will not be to maintain holdings and items data in MarcEdit. It is seen as a stop gap effort for version 1 of FOLIO, but not an end result.
- Sebastian expanded on the Italian vendor @Cult (http://www.atcult.it/en/). Their ILS is based on Amicus. They would like to move onto another platform. They would like to get involve and contribute to cataloging. They feel they have strong technology for that area. They are looking to take the cataloging interface they have and transplant it into FOLIO. That could be an option. It is not a firm commitment yet. This would be an Open Source option.
- Felix expressed two concerns about relying on MarcEdit. 1) It is not open source 2) how can we edit bibliographic data that is not in MARC format? Which format is used in the inventory level in FOLIO? How does this work with a MARC editing tool? Peter answered that there can be many stores with different metadata types. If something is in Dublin Core, a Dublin Core editor will be needed, for example. Sebastian - Holdings/Item information is a separate app in FOLIO.
- Charlotte showed this diagram which was part of one of the presentations in Montreal.