Discussion and confirmation about:
- the list of indexes used in the Search
- the list of Type of Material in the filter section
according to the suggestions of following spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GlAXW6ALhaNuc6CKyz4kkYC2UcalRppSpDoSD2uCAq4/edit#gid=144885988
Discussion about the use of some terms and their definitions included in the following document made by some participants of the MARCcat group :
Christian shared the lastest version of the development of MARCcat, based on Filip and David's proposal.
- Search 1: Title = "Harry Potter", Contains
- Three panels - detailed screen shows
- Question: (via chat) - "If you do not check either Bibliographic or Authorities, does it default to Bibs only?" - The default if neither is checked is that both bibliographic and authority will be searced.
- Search 2: Name = "rowling" , Start with, Authority records is checked
- Question (via chat) - "Does this language of text come from the fixed fields?" - Yes, it comes from 008 position 55-57
- Question (via chat) - "And if you do another search, does it keep the conditions of the search the samne as the last one, or does you start you over with a blank slate?" – What is your preference? (Tiziana asked).
- Tiziana - They are still looking for input on the index list. Express preferences on Annalisa's document.
- Some members of the group do not want the system id take up so much space. It was suggested that the ID perhaps be moved from the first column to a column more to the right.
- The ability to reorder the columns will be available in later viewings.
- This view of MARCcat will be available on FOLIO Snapshot: http://folio-snapshot-stable.aws.indexdata.com/
- David will send the link to the MARCCat prototype in the next couple of days.
- The Patron interface is being used as a starting point for the template behavior in MARCCat
- There are two kinds of templates planned: "Standard" templates for various formats and also institution specific templates for templates that include local additions.
- Merge function: Tags will be added to existing template
- Will there be a "clone" or "copy" function? ("Duplication" in FOLIO already exists). David assured that the duplication function will be available.
Additional comments on document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ttglmnhDpY5WCoO41h3n8PhICy8XG_A_6KhJvC1txOw/edit)
Does more need to be said about this conversation?