- Last time on agenda: finish draft of Vision document for release to MM-SIG. Outstanding items:
- Should we merge "Functional Requirements" section with "Interactions across FOLIO Applications"?
- Works; see thread below:
5:06 PM Jun 25
I meant that if we had to have Works/Superwork records in Inventory, that they could behave like the Container records. I am not sure we "have to" have these records.
11:11 PM Jun 28
I think we should discuss this further - I fear that if works live in inventory and not the entity app and referenced by inventory that inventory as abstraction becomes more difficult - how do you model an instance with MARC bib that references no work vs a bibliographic description set that includes a work and an instance. - On the other hand maybe inventory record types need to be recast as entities.
12:21 PM Jun 30
I agree Christie. We need to discuss what would the expected behavior be if, for example: Work-entities are stored in the Entities App, and used as reference data in Inventory. This seems easy to understand where work-clusters are possible, but what happens for the new, or one-off, publications. What would we expect in terms of reference data?
1:08 PM Jun 30
I think that there are a couple of solutions - no work is required so the data is a local string - with no reference data - much like an inventory instance without an SRS bib. The other possibility is to create a work. I guess this would depend on where you fall on the everything needs a work spectrum.
- Identifying short- and medium-term projects to work toward our goals and/or demonstrate proofs-of-concept
- Outlining reporting requirements
- Entity App Vision doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FaFYCXZIY-dN3QnifITi233q0GmVQqUJcUUSJlv-56s/edit?usp=sharing
- Work Area spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h2qJrlPIGKKIF9GGzfgtNwgRQw7AhmAD4G23ZTCHDzg/edit?usp=sharing
Future Meeting topics:
- what is the approach in FOLIO wrt: data modeling?
- what kinds of authority control services are expected in MARCcat?
- What is the relationship between SHARE-VDE & the J. Cricket editor with the work we're planning for FOLIO?