Proposed in the Aug. 20, 2020 MM SIG meeting
Goals: document use cases for productivity tracking statistics; investigate & develop short-term solutions for productivity tracking in FOLIO; define a long-term solution for productivity tracking in FOLIO
|Name / contact||FOLIO area(s)||Institution / role|
|Metadata Management||Cornell / Assistant Director, Metadata Production|
Jacquie Samples Jacquie Samples
|Metadata Management||Duke / Head, Metadata & Discovery Strategy Department|
|Metadata Management, some work with Resource Management locally||UChicago / Metadata & Digital Resources Librarian|
|Natalie Sommerville Natalie Sommerville||Duke / Interim Head, Resource Description Department|
Slack channel: #folio-productivity-stats
Common understanding of what productivity statistics are and what we need, make sure not to exclude needs outside metadata/cataloging
Which apps are involved?
Notes (5 Oct 2020)
- next meeting (oct 23, 2020)
- Cornell (LW) on the use of the 948 (indicators and subfields) for stats
- Do we not have a 'item created' date in the item record? Yes, in Admin data accordion of the item.
- Supposed to have 'date created'
- There are notes in the item that can be checked for 'staff only'
- need to better understand the Library Data Platform from reporting SIG (uses SQL)
- We need data like 'who' and maybe in what department or unit
- action: need to understand acquisitions workflows to better understand receiving (with orders already made and perhaps when receiving might involve when an order had NOT previously been added)
- Receiving admin metadata does not have notes either as well as no viewable admin info
- How to count RUSH cataloging?
- We need FOLIO to accommodate our need for local productivity data
- How to distinguish for batch processes
- keep in mind the API integrations for MARCEdit
Notes (18 Sept 2020):
- For receiving, make sure to tick the box left of caption to receive it.
- Will need to know the number of items received in a period
- Receiving is pulling title information from inventory
- 'Note' is required in fast-add in Inventory