SIGs have communication resources set up for their use. This document describes how these resources are set up. To have a SIG's resource set up, create a ticket on Issues in the FOLIO project.
SIGs have a full name and a brief "slug" (something short and memorable that will be used in various places).
Setting up a new Category on Discuss requires someone with the Admin privilege. (See Discuss about page for the list of current admins.)
- At the homepage, select the hamburger menu at the upper right then "New Category"
- In the General tab of the New Category pane, put in the SIG name for Category Name and the SIG Slug for Category Slug. Choose the appropriate parent category (most likely Special Interest Groups) and pick a background color to distinguish this SIG from others on Discuss.
In the Settings tab of the New Category pane, check the box to Accept emails from anonymous users with no accounts. For Custom incoming email address use:
Select New Category
At the homepage, select the hamburger menu at the upper right then "Reorder Categories"
The Category just created needs to be sorted alphabetically within the one or two levels of sorting. Use the arrow keys to move the category up, or type a number in the text box and the checkmark to reorder the categories. When ready, choose Fix Positions then Save Order.
The Category just created will have one pinned topic with the headline "About the ... category". View that topic, then activate the pencil icon to edit. Delete all of the text in the box, then put in this structured text:
email-address - wiki space link - description text. For example:
email@example.com - Wiki - The Internationalization SIG...Then Save Edit for this topic.
Setting up a new Space on Wiki requires someone with the Create-Space privilege.
- At the homepage, select Create Space near the upper right corner of the page.
- Choose Blank Space
- In the Create Space pane, put the full name of the SIG for Space Name and the SIG Slug for Space Key. At this point, team members can also be created and the description added.
- From the Space Tools menu at the bottom right, select Permissions, then Edit Permissions. Check the box for anonymous view all permissions, then Save all.
- From the three-dot menu next to "Create" in the toolbar, select Calendar, then Add New Calendar.
- For the name of the calendar, use the full name of the SIG, leave the description blank, and the time zone set to New York.
- Set up the event types: activate Add event, then under Event type select Add new event type. Hide "Birthdays" and "Leave" and "Travel", then add a custom event type using the SIG Slug as the "Event Name" (e.g. "RPT SIG Meeting"), choose the three-person icon, and set the Reminder default for 5 minutes before, then click "Save" and "Ok".
- On the Community Calendars page, select Add Existing Calendar from the dropdown list in the upper right corner of the page, and search for the SIG calendar created in this step.
- Copy and paste the content from an existing SIG page to the new SIG page, and adjust contents and links to match.
- Set up the Comments on Discuss macro.
- From the gear menu in the upper right of the page, select General Configuration then User macros.
- Edit the Comments on Discuss macro. Scan down for the
## @param Category:title=Discusscomment, then add the SIG slug to the comma separated list of SIG slugs already there (in alphabetical order). Activate Save.
Setting up a new Tag on Issues does not require special permissions.
- In the Issue to create the SIG, activate the Labels field (under the Details section) and type the SIG slug with a "sig-" prefix. For instance:
sig-i18nThe UI will prompt to create the new tag. Save the revised issue with the new tag.
Setting up a slack channel does not require special permissions.
- Within Slack, activate the circle-plus icon next to Channels.
- In the Create a channel pane, leave Public selected, use the SIG slug for the Name, and in the Purpose field put an abbreviated form of the SIG description. Then activate Create Channel.
Setting up a mailing list for the list.
- Contact Michael Winkler (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request the list.
- Advertise signup to the list at http://ole-lists.openlibraryfoundation.org.