|30min||Item records||Cate Boerema and Ann-Marie Breaux||Items for electronic resources||- Some institutions will be creating item records in inventory for their electronic/online resources. |
- Institutions plan to create location(s) to assign to these (eg. "online" or "electronic")
- Since locations require service points, they will probably create a dummy SP too
- Do these need to be filtered out at checkout and request creation? Anywhere else? Anything we need to consider here.
- Would be good to invite Ann-Marie Breaux to this meeting so let's plan this agenda item in advance so we can check with her
- Definitely want Emma on this call, as well
- Reference: https://issues.folio.org/browse/FOLIO-1891
|10min||Renewals||Emma Boettcher||Renewal failure overrides||Answer the question: when an item is not renewable, is it also useful to check whether any due date schedule associated with its loan policy is valid?|
|Planned Release (if known)|
|e.g. loans, fees/fines||Name||e.g. Q4 2018, Q1 2019||Clearly stated decision|
Request Statistics (for Performance Testing)
Average Number Open Requests
|Average Request Queue Length|
How Many Newly Expired and Cancelled Requests per Day
How Many Newly Expired and Cancelled Requests per Hour (assuming we keep the short-term expiry periods for reserve items, equipment etc)
|University Library Marburg||up to 1033 (2018-03-13)||about 130 requests||up to 1302 (2018-04-12)||per hour: about 29|
|Cornell University||244 requests placed per day (1 year average 4/10/2018 - 4/10/2019); current number of OPEN requests = 1,433||1.04 (current max=13)||Average per day: 13 cancelled; 29 expired; 202 charged||n/a|
|Duke||Currently = 3216||Average: 3.5 expired|
- Deb Lamb announced a new Director of Access Services at Cornell starting July 1st: David Hornell. David will be joining the RA-SIG. Deb has been filling in the interim. Her last day on the SIG is May 22nd.
- Cate and Ann-Marie Breaux. Items for electronic resources. Items require location and service point. Will probably create a dummy service point for electronic resources (FOLIO-1891). How do we assure these virtual resources do not enter into loans and requests workflows? Create loan policy "loanable equals no". Create request policy "requestable equals no". Need to supress item states which would not apply to electronic resources.
- Emma. Renewals (when they fail). If there are two reasons for a renewal failing (e.g. Loan policy "non-renewable"; date of renewal falls outside due date schedule), is it important to show reason 1 and 2? Folks agree all reasons for failing should display (so those issues can be addressed by operator).