10:00 Eastern @https://zoom.us/j/580817848
New England Conservatory Library
|1min||Development plan, timeline and Sub-group goals|
Sept 10 - Active Course Status and Interoperability
Sept 17 - Moodle demo of Course Reserves
Sept 17 - Reporting
Sept 17 - LTI with Duke re: Course Reserves
Sept 24 - Fast Add
|Reporting homework - Course Data Reports|
Item reports vs Course info reports
- What reports are course data only vs circulation or item only reports
- Reports that are item + course data
- Kelly Drake to add a list of fields that are course app only
- In the Copyright tracking sections we really need to come up with better text for this:
- Different sections of this item used in this book [check box]
- Additional sections of this item used in this course check box
- Need to track additional portions of this items are used in this course
- This is in Ares but the copyright functionality might not be used.
- Kelly Drake to ask developers if we can tie enrollment to the a course (lti?) even though this is way beyond the current scope of the project.
- "Payment based on" Wendy Wilcox can weigh in on Ares use. : could be a controlled vocabulary
- payment usually based on CCC and enrollment in course, but it could by the number of people who actually access the file.
- Decided that this will be a notes field
Active Course Status
- Select box function for "Active" and "Inactive" or Publish? (separate from date)
- but how to set on an ongoing bases?
- or could the user just not add a Term?
New Issue Discovered!
Faculty sometimes want a 'custom' title.
There is no mechanism to link an item that is part of another item. Ex: chapter of one book is not linked to the book. This can be used for citation information.
- But this does not seem to be an issue at most libraries
- Duke and Amherst need all the bibliographic info (Chapter and title, etc) to display
- Could be part of fast add (forms part off)
|Interoperability - Discovery layer|
Blacklight. EX: http://blacklight.flo.org/
All of the following options are also determined by the Discovery layer but...
What fields/data should be viewable?
- Course name, number, section, instructor, etc
What fields should be discoverable?
What fields/data should not be exposed?