ERM Implementation Discussion:
- Peter McCracken: when to create multiple agreements and handling multiple licenses from the same organization (examples from Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Sara Colglazier: use case examples for notes at the Agreement Line level (not currently possible), versus examples (now possible) of Notes (Notes Helper App-?) at the Agreement level or Notes at the title/package level (eHoldings)
- Functionality needed when using Agreements with eHoldings
- Other topics from the ERM Implementers Lists
PM's presentation on how Cornell is using FOLIO ERM
- Using Confluence for documentation.
- Data was imported. A number of instances with "waiting bubbles" or freeze in system activity. AM: Working on a process to make it easier for people to enter bugs.
- Using KB code as code. Code is a required field but does not enforce uniqueness. KG: code update coming
- In general, you have to remember to save a lot as you go. For platform interfaces, is there a way to default sort by name?
- No edit pencil? Should be consistent from app to app
- Q: Is there a way to delete a license? A: Should be supported at some point.
- No way to duplicate a license?
- Using a link to cloud storage under core documents for the actual license
- Q: Can you create a license template? A: Have done so in the past in another system.
- OS: Another option is to have a single license with amendments that express seats as opposed to licenses by seat number.
- Q: How long does it take to enter in a new agreement? A: Still developing workflow, Created extensive instruction page in local documentation. Probably taking 20-25 minutes. Depends on the type of agreement.
- Q: How many are working on this? A: About 8 people in the E Resources group.
- For agreement lines, viewing each resource as an agreement line then adding it to holdings.
- Can't change the width of the columns, would be helpful. KG: eHoldings has a newer version of panes where the detailed record is on a full pane view. In Organizations you can collapse the panes. What type of behavior do people find the most functional?
- Listing many organizations as content provider and as a vendor.
- Working what to do when you don't have start dates for agreements.
- Cancellation deadlines can have a variety of options, how do you enter in those special (non date) values?
- Agreement separation based on signed document, agreement lines can be added if they are part of the same signed document
- Q: Are you able to be consistent with your agreements, given that licenses vary greatly between vendors? A: Limited consistency this point, still going through different types. SC: Organizes agreements based on collection grouping based on E Resource management function (ex: JSTOR current vs JSTOR Arts and Sciences) rather then licenses.
- Q: Are agreements done for everything (single title single platform) or just the large packages? A: SC, all, PM, as much as we can, but there will probably be a line.
- Q: Do you have a sense of total active agreements? A: Not sure right now, going to estimate 600-700?
- Selecting the multiple packages in eHoldings to attache to an agreement can require a lot of steps and remembering what you selected.
SC's presentation on Use Case Examples for Notes vs Agreement Lines
- Working on structuring the agreement app. Holdings and license information coming from a separate HLM system.
- Looking at using agreement lines for individual journals, going through the eHoldings app. Coverage is decided by eHoldings. OS: Need to look at how the eHoldings app connection to agreements differs between KB implementations in eHoldings. Can people see what they need to see for attached agreements?
- Might use notes to help with cost of use calculations for overlapping collection coverage, but can't see notes in current edit screen. Right now notes are in the description field.
- Currently using notes to describe holdings issues. Seems buried, also disappears if you go into edit.
- Dates can be confusing, if you enter the data in one time zone but are viewing it in another. Should be reported as a bug.
- For license agreement relationships, not seeing the one needed for relationship trying to express. It is nice to have relationships that automatically link agreements. OS: What types of relationships should we add?
- For eHoldings app Note, can we have the character limit be posted? Q: Why is there a character limit? A: To make it work in the display.