Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes

Minute taker
5 minutes

 Announcements/Updates

  • Folio community is working on a code of conduct
  • for more details please see details in the PC agenda
40 minutes

Discussion: Nancy Bolduc, Axel Dorrer, and Linda Miller from the RM Reports subgroup of the Reporting SIG have been working on three Resource Management report prototypes (title, item, and subscription counts) that will be used as the basis of many reports involving counts of library materials. They would like the RM SIG to review and provide feedback on these prototypes to make sure they are on track. Please note that a report "cluster" is a group of reports that are similar enough in data elements to be covered by one query. Before we develop a query, we create a prototype to document the data elements and the way they will be used in the query.

Resource Management Reporting Count Cluster Prototypes:

Title Count Cluster prototype: https://wiki.folio.org/display/RPT/RM-Title+Count+Cluster

Item Count Cluster prototype: https://wiki.folio.org/display/RPT/RM-Item+Count+Cluster

Subscription Count Cluster prototype: https://wiki.folio.org/display/RPT/RM-Subscription+Count+Cluster

The group also has a  Parking Lot page Parking Lot https://wiki.folio.org/display/RPT/Parking+Lot where they keep track of gray areas that will need to be revisited. 

  • started with 34 report tickets
  • reorganized into multiple count clusters
  • most requests were for count, costs, titles
  • that's what the group started with
  • organized prototypes by affected module (Inventory, Orders, Agreements)
  • Inventory was divided into physical and virtual counts 
  • most probably queries will be similar
  • for titles counts in inventory: it is expected that there are always instances with holdings
  • are there always connections between POLs and holdings - is that true for the group?
  • you can have a POL for a package as well
  • questions: how to document consortial needs
  • how do we identify items on the order that are not yet received
  • how institutions decide to structure their orders and connections will influence what they can report on
  • example: gifts - some libraries will not create POs for gifts but record them in Inventory; others will creta eorders for gifts - both processes will have different reporting needs 
  • You can have POLs for pacjages of physical or electronic titles
  • memberships can be sonsidered as subscriptions as well
  • a two parted query seems to be needed, Axel will take care that this will be added
  • recommendation for subscriptions: one subscription per PO
  • linkage between POL and holding as well as item is planned - see UXPROD-1995: Item: Display of POL number, Order status and Order date in the Acquisition accordion And UXPROD-1925: Holdings: Display of POL number, Order status and Order date in the Acquisition accordion
  • that is not mvp, though
  • Sharon: We need to capture the most likely scenarios so that the query templates we provide can accommodate the most libraries
  • POL is the transaction between the vendor and the library; whatever you order (package, individual title) is one thing on your POL
  • some libraries will have records for e-resources in inventory, others not - we may need to take that into consideration in this context
  • Linda: is the permanent location the only location of interest or do we need others like temporary locations?
  • sometimes holdings are moved to off-site locations - counts could be valuable in this scenario (temporary location on item level)
  • queries on statistical codes: there is no specific field in ACQ, and it is not planned - will be important for MM
  • in a given year I can have many POLs that are linked to one holdings record - for that scenario reporting might need to start from the holdings record to hook the multiple linked POLs
5 minutes

Need a new convener for Small Group

  • Susan Martin took a new job some while ago
  • her University is doing an RFP for a new system which means there is a conflict
  • she is stepping back as convener from the ACQ Small Group
  • the group searches for a new convener, to organize the meetings and take minutes
  • the group meets twice a week
  • Heather steps up and the group decides on her to be the new convener 
40 minutes

Receiving discussion - review updates to Receiving App, review connections between Receiving App and Inventory, and Receiving for packages

Receiving examples:

  • Levant Pack
  • American Political Science Association Membership
  • See notes 2020-03-13

Relevant Issues

  • UXPROD-2373: Allow for the display of piece information on Holding records in inventory
  • UXPROD-1608: Holdings record, Accordion Receiving history
  • minutes of App Interaction SIG 2020-04-08
  • Charlotte: now that the Receiving App is available we need to define what information we do need to see on the holdings record in Inventory
  • question: what information will libraries need on the Receiving History accordion on holdings
    • caption (enumeration and chronology),
    • receipt date,
    • piece status,
    • format,
    • POL#?
  • receiving patterns and predictive check-in are needed by libraries; due to development resources libraries need to prioritize
  • but you can cut functionality only up to a certain point
  • the work definitely needs to be defined
  • do we want to see expected pieces on the piece record
  • group needs to come back to this topic in the next meeting (May 15th)
  • need to define: what do we need to see in inventory and what do we need to see in public display
  • UXPROD-2373: "Allow for the display of piece information on Holding records in inventory" - the features outlines the use cases so far
  • please bring further use cases to the next meeting
  • Charlotte will create some mock-ups to illustrate the exampes and visually support discussions

Chat

Von Ann-Marie Breaux an alle: 02:40 PM
This fits well with our order formats, with physical resources including anything electronic that as a physical carrier (e.g. CR-ROM or USB) and electronic meaning anything that does not have a physical carroer.

From Charlotte Whitt to all: 02:43 PM
Yes, see UXPROD-1995: Item: Display of POL number, Order status and Order date in the Acquisition accordion And UXPROD-1925: Holdings: Display of POL number, Order status and Order date in the Acquisition accordion

Von Ann-Marie Breaux an alle: 02:44 PM
But the POL may be for a package, or for a monographic series, where you end up with multiple instances related to it

Von Ann-Marie Breaux an alle: 02:55 PM
Memberships could be considered packages of subscriptions

Von Scott Perry an alle: 02:55 PM
Definitely memberships

Von Ann-Marie Breaux an alle: 02:56 PM
Is the goal of this exercise to ensure that there are ways to get to the counts that a library may need, or to actually specify the queries that would be used to get those counts? I can see the first being achievable, but the second will vary so much by how a particular library structures its Orders, Inventory, and ERM.

Von Sharon Beltaine an alle: 02:57 PM
We need to capture the most likely scenarios so that the query templates we provide can accommodate the most libraries

From Charlotte Whit to all: 02:58 PM
Inventory do not have implemented the Container records yet. This work is planned for in UXPROD-492 Container record in Inventory is ’match’ Packages in Order

Von Axel Doerrer an alle: 03:03 PM
Sorry, have to go. Thank you!
Von mir an alle: 03:04 PM
Thank you Axel
Von Ann-Marie Breaux an alle: 03:06 PM
And keep in mind that FOLIO does not know from 9xx codes, so those would have to be translated into FOLIO fields like Statistical codes

Von Scott Perry an alle: 03:17 PM
What about tags?

Von Scott Perry an alle: 03:27 PM
Thank you, Heather!
Von mir an alle: 03:27 PM
Thanks a lot Heather :)

Von Axel Doerrer an alle: 03:40 PM
Sorry, just wanted to see if my folks were out already. Thank you again and see you. Bye.

Von Kristin Martin an alle: 03:41 PM
Hi Axel, thank you again for coming--it was an interesting discussion and I hope helpful to the Reporting SIG members.

From Charlotte Whitt to all: 03:47 PM
https://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com/inventory/view/69640328-788e-43fc-9c3c-af39e243f3b7/0c45bb50-7c9b-48b0-86eb-178a494e25fe?query=aba&sort=Title

From Charlotte Whitt to all: 03:48 PM
Just added the link to ABA Journal’s holdings record

Von Ann-Marie Breaux an alle: 03:47 PM
Would it help to open FOLIO and look at the current accordions in a holdings record?
Von Kristin Martin an alle: 03:47 PM
We can't even receive mail. Who knows where things are.

Action items

  • Receiving of issues - libraries are asked to define: what do we need to see in inventory and what do we need to see in public display
  • Charlotte will create some mock-ups to illustrate the exampes and visually support discussions