Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Present?NameOrganizationPresent?NameOrganization
XSharon BeltaineCornell University
Peter MurrayIndex Data

Elizabeth BerneyDuke University
Erin NettifeeDuke University

Joyce ChapmanDuke University
Karen NewberyDuke University

Elizabeth EdwardsUniversity of ChicagoXTod OlsonUniversity of Chicago
XClaudius Herkt-JanuschekSUB HamburgXScott PerryUniversity of Chicago
XDoreen HeroldLehigh University
Robert SassQulto

Anne L. HighsmithTexas A&M
Simona TabacaruTexas A&M

Vince BareauEBSCO
Mark VekslerEBSCO

Harry KaplanianEBSCOXKevin WalkerThe University of Alabama
XIngolf Kusshbz
Charlotte WhittIndex Data

Lina LakhiaSOASX

Michael Winkler

OLE
XJoanne LearyCornell University
Uschi KluteGBV
XMichael PatrickThe University of AlabamaXHolly MistlebauerCornell University

Nassib NassarIndex DataXAngela Zoss

Duke University


Veit KöppenUniversity Magdeburg                Anna KnyazevaNew attendee


Discussion items

ItemWhoNotes
Assign Notetaker, Take Attendance, Review agendaSharon

Today's notetaker: Tod Olson

Last week's notetaker: Sharon Beltaine

Report Prototype SubgroupSharon, Nassib, Kevin, Tod, Angela

Update from group on experiences with connecting to the FOLIO reporting database to test out building the loan report from BIRT, Tableau, Aqua Data Studio, R, Access, and possibly other applications (Excel). Last meeting was Wed Nov 7 from 3-4pm EST. Next meetings scheduled for Mon Nov 12 and Mon Nov 19.

Nassib is still setting up access, we hope to get access and connections today.

Real-Time Data ReportsAll

Reporting SIG members were asked at last week's meeting to identify reports that require real-time data which have not been identified as in-app, and bring those forward. We will review and discuss these reports.

  • reports are highlighted in yellow on the Reporting SIG Master Spreadsheet
  • themes: batch jobs, Ares reports, need to evaluate Consortia reports
  • more work required on data warehouse infrastructure to provide reports with real time data
  • streaming will not be ready until January 2019; "state changes" provided by streaming data would need to be added to the data model
  • for now, Reporting SIG will review the reports that are not defined as in app reports and do require real time data with these questions in mind:
  • does the report truly require real time data?
  • can the report be provided as an in app report (requires talking with functional SIGs)?
  • is the report functionality already being covered via other functionality (e.g., error reports from batch jobs)?

Holly is in communication with the POs about in-app reports, we should make sure we bring her into the loop on any of these. If there is a question about whether a report is in-app, just make the JIRA ticket anyhow. If it is in-app, Holly can move it.

U. Alabama working on an Assessment module with some canned reports. See recording of Nov 1 FOLIO Forum at time signature 47:12.

We don't have a clear idea of what reporting is planned for import/export. Sharon Beltaine will reach out to Ann-Marie Breaux.

Expect cross-app real-time needs, especially where User Management and Resource Access interact.

Prioritizing Your Institution's ReportsSharon Beltaine

In order to determine the order in which we will prototype our reports for the development of data models for the data warehouse, we need to prioritize them within each functional area (e.g., RM, RA, etc.). Please see the Prioritizing Reports page in the wiki for detailed instructions.

  • review status of progress, discuss any issues and how to address them
  • Monday November 12, 2018 is our target completion date

Most have institutions have made significant progress, but not quite complete.

Assigning Yourself to JIRA ReportsHolly Mistlebauer

Holly walked us through the process of assigning ourselves to our reports in the FOLIO JIRA System. Instructions are provided on this wiki page, which will also contain other JIRA info:  Working on a JIRA Issue

  • review status of progress, discuss any issues and how to address them
  • Monday November 12, 2018 is our target completion date

We expect the SIG members will create and share some of these reports. Will need to address the mechanisms for sharing the reports.

Topics for Future Meetings

All

Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings

Other Topics?AllAny other topics to discuss today?

Action items