Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Preset?NameOrganizationPresent?NameOrganization

Sharon BeltaineCornell University
Peter MurrayIndex Data

Elizabeth BerneyDuke University
Erin NettifeeDuke University

Joyce ChapmanDuke University
Karen NewberyDuke University

Elizabeth EdwardsUniversity of ChicagoxTod OlsonUniversity of Chicago

Claudius Herkt-JanuschekSUB Hamburg
Scott PerryUniversity of Chicago

x

Doreen HeroldLehigh University
Robert SassQulto
xAnne L. HighsmithTexas A&MxSimona TabacaruTexas A&M

Vince BareauEBSCO
Mark VekslerEBSCO

Harry KaplanianEBSCOxKevin WalkerThe University of Alabama
xIngolf Kusshbz
Charlotte WhittIndex Data

Lina LakhiaSOASx

Michael Winkler

OLE
xJoanne LearyCornell University
Uschi KluteGBV
xMichael PatrickThe University of AlabamaXHolly MistlebauerCornell University
xNassib NassarIndex DataxAngela Zoss

Duke University

xVeit KöppenUniversity Magdeburg                Anna Knyazeva

New attendee


Sara ColglazierMount Holyoke College/Five CollegesXLisa DeCarolisSmith
  Stefan Stadtherr MPIL Heidelberg   



Discussion Items


ItemWhoNotes
Assign Notetaker, Take Attendance, Review agendaSharon

Today's notetaker: Anne Highsmith

Last week's notetaker: Tod Olson

IntroductionsNew Members
  • Sara Colglazier from Mount Holyoke College/Five Colleges
  • Stefan Stadherr from MPIL Heidelberg
Action ItemsSharon

review status of action items

  • Reporting prototype small group will work with eusage group, creating data model for eusage. Sharon has sent master spreadsheet to Annika so she can look at kinds of reports Reporting SIG has documented similar to what eusage would want.
  • Reporting prototype small group looking at a couple of circ reports, doing documentation, loading more data to report on.
Reporting FunctionalityAll

Sharon will review reports identified as candidates for reporting functionality with group.

  • new JIRA tickets on NCIP, SIP, and LTI standards
  • there are reports that need additional reporting functionality, and reports that are just reporting functionality alone. This topic will be covered in next several meetings. Will review possible candidates and decide if they remain as reports or become a new feature request.
    • Sharon has created a new functional area (tab) on the spreadsheet so capture reporting functionality rather than reports. This separation will make it easier for developers to work on.
    • Based on meeting with Resource Access, Sharon has added NCIP, SIP, LTI requirements to this tab. Please identify any similar needs.
    • ID011, Ability to query Hathi instance and join to catalog data. No reps from requesting institutions available to discuss; Sharon will compose email and send it to data migration email list, listing this and others which might require discussion.
    • ID107 Bursar feed. Sharon – Is this more of an interface and batch load need, rather than a report? Angela – needs to be in some kind of interface. Tod sees it as more of an integration; it is listed as such by SysOps SIG.
    • ID108 Accounting feed to university accounting. Also okay to move this to reporting functionality. Can be done as a report if other functionality not available by go-live.
    • ID117 This report raised the need to import data from 3rd-party systems into the reporting system, which has been identified as a need several times before. When asked, Nassib said specific datasets that have to be imported must be prioritized by this group and pointed out that there is value in doing external dataset early, to give experience. Nassib will consider whether to call this kind of thing reporting functionality or a report.
    • ID417 Question – what kinds of databases are meant by this item? Could this be a part of eusage? Ingolf will check on this and will update the spreadsheet with a fuller description.
    • ID446 and 448, which relate to Ares requirements. Decided to convene a group of those requesting Ares integration to discuss these needs.
    • ID450 Requests performance stats, e.g. start/end times for batch jobs. Holly suggested this requirement should be shared with all development teams so that it becomes part of basic app development; perhaps it should go to the Product Council so they can advise on how it should be handled. Sharon will discuss with Cheryl Malmborg, who initiated the request.
    • ID 451, which requests error reports, is in the same category as 450.
    • ID 452, Ad hoc reports in folio, is extremely generic. Appears simply to be requesting ability to write ad hoc reports, which is, as Nassib pointed out, a general feature of the reporting system being built. Tod suggested this kind of thing is extremely useful for troubleshooting; Nassib responded that specific troubleshooting needs might have to be met in the APIs and the troubleshooint requirements need to be specified. Sharon ended by saying this could be considered at the next meeting.

Topics for Future Meetings

All

Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings (Reporting SIG will not meet on 21 January; most institutions will be closed due to the Martin Luther King holiday).


Other Topics?AllAny other topics to discuss today?

Action items

  • Sharon will meet with Ann-Marie Breaux on Import-Export reports and bring notes back to Reporting SIG
  • Sharon to review ARES-related Resource Access reports with real-time data requirements with Darcy Branchini and bring notes back to Reporting SIG
  • All SIG members: Please review the FOLIO In-App versus Data Warehouse Reports document Holly has drafted and add any comments you may have