Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Discussion items

ItemNotes
Meeting Logistics

Starting March 18, meeting will take place weekly at 10am EST (and this works for Claudius, too)

*Kevin and Michael out next week for spring break (March 11-15)

Action ItemsReview and update Action Items
Plans for this working group

Nassib suggests these focus areas for the working group this week...

• Working through the data specification for the Circulation Item Detail report. It's probably close to being ready, but I think it should be actively vetted by this group. Then it can be used to guide the database/software development.

• Planning an update for the next Reporting SIG meeting to provide an update/demo/discussion on this group's activities so far

Update for Reporting SIG

Review page outlining the Report Prototype Update for March 11 and 18 Reporting SIG meetings


NOTES:

-group decided better to schedule demo for March 25 due to schedules and availability

-U of A has LDP up and running and might be ready to demo this for Reporting SIG on March 25

-perhaps combine showing reports with showing LDP instance setup in one meeting on March 25


Circ Report Review - Kevin

Circ Item Detail Report Review


NOTES:

-Kevin updated attributes to point to mod inventory storage (moving away from business logic modules and focusing on the storage logic modules)

-need to update Loan Date element path to come from mod circulation storage (done during meeting)

-Kevin will add institution, campus, library id, and permanentlocationID from mod inventory storage

-Sharon will update spreadsheet showing example of this report from Voyager to include location

-could use this report as template to start to develop circulation loan transaction report as next type of circ report


eUsage Project

Please take a look at the documentation for API data elements from the eUsage app development team.


eUsage API data elements documentation: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CViG0LzMPpN2IVm1EM6vSEzVWnZvUJ0C61YbNP5vexA/edit?usp=sharing

  • the "counter-reports" worksheet shows the metadata for the harvested reports.
  • for eUsage, we do not actually save the single data fields of each report, but the monthly reports as a whole, with metadata to identify them

eUsage UI presentation:
The eUsage UI design includes a statistics previews backend that queries specific reports (identified by provider, date range, metric type etc.) and then processes the full report

Here is a presentation explaining this design with an example: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r9KWetrYpQFd79j9uDRZkKEbigGp4mOqkh-a3nXJkq0/edit?usp=sharing

Assignment for our next meeting

Review eUsage data element documentation and UI links above, along with related reports the Reporting SIG Master Spreadsheet list of reporting requirements, then bring your suggestions on our first eUsage report data model to our next meeting

Next meeting of the Report Prototype WG is schedule for Thursday, March 14 at 2:00pm EST

Action Items

  • Michael Patrick will add documentation on connecting to the LDP using Crystal Reports
  • Kevin W. Walker will update the Circ Item Detail Report Prototype FOLIO attribute paths
  • Sharon Beltaine will update meetings through March 15 with correct Zoom links and will schedule ongoing weekly meetings starting March 18
  • Sharon Beltaine will move AquadataStudio documentation from Tod Olson into Tools documentation
  • Kevin W. Walker will move MS Access documentation into Tools documentation
  • Kevin W. Walker will add FOLIO attributes for institution, campus, library id, and permanentlocationID from mod inventory storage to Circ Item Detail report specs
  • Sharon Beltaine will update spreadsheet showing example of this report from Voyager to include location