Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Present?

Name

Organization

Present?

Name

Organization

XSharon BeltaineCornell University
Sara ColglazierMount Holyoke College/Five Colleges

Elizabeth BerneyDuke University
Erin NettifeeDuke University

Joyce ChapmanDuke University
Karen NewberyDuke University
XJean PajerekCornell UniversityXTod OlsonUniversity of Chicago
XClaudius Herkt-JanuschekSUB HamburgXScott PerryUniversity of Chicago

X

Doreen HeroldLehigh University
Stefan StadtherrMPIL Heidelberg
XSarah ParkDuke UniversityXSimona TabacaruTexas A&M
XClint BellangerAuburn UniversityXKevin WalkerThe University of Alabama
XIngolf Kusshbz
Christie ThomasUniversity of Chicago
XJoshua LambertMissouri State

Andi Bihler

Munich Technical University Library

Joanne LearyCornell University
Cheryl MalmborgUniversity of Chicago
XMichael PatrickThe University of AlabamaXVandana ShahCornell University

Nassib NassarIndex DataXAngela Zoss

Duke University


Veit KöppenUniversity Magdeburg
Lisa DeCarolisSmith College/Five Colleges
XLinda MillerCornell UniversityXElena O'Malley

Emerson


Matt HarringtonDuke University     Holly MistlebauerCornell University

Cathy TuohyEmmanuel College (FLO)XNancy BolducCornell University

Shirley MoentnishMissouri StateXEric PenningtonTexas A&M
XStefan DombekLeipzig UniversityXAxel DoerrerUniversity Mainz
XNatalya PikulikCornell UniversityXOwen StephensK-Int
XEliana LimaFenway Library Organization



Discussion Items

Item

Who

Notes

Attendance & NotesSharon

Attendance & Notes

  • Today's attendance-taker: Linda Miller
  • Today's note-takers:  Team Leads for project updates
Updates from Various Reporting Related Groups and EffortsCommunity & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads

Project updates

The Reporting SIG is using small working groups to address priorities and complete our work.  Each week, we will provide updates to the Reporting SIG from these various reporting-related groups and efforts. Please include updates on specific JIRA issues for prototype or query development workflow. Do we need to create any additional JIRA tickets?

Community & Coordination: 

  • no meeting this week
  • met with leads of working groups

Development:

  • working on getting Microsoft Access to work for Postgres version of LDP; error on ways tables connect to one another (UUDs are too long for Access to handle); Access only connects tables on integers; Nassib programmed in dummy tables as integer identifiers to make this work ("sk" surrogate key) makes the Access Visual SQL Editor work
  • Access does not connect to RedShift
  • may need to be some parallel work for institutions requiring Access
  • Postgres is less expensive to host than RedShift
  • Many requests for diagrammatic representation of LDP; Schema Spy has visual representation of tables at https://glintcore.net:8443/ldp/schemaspy/public/relationships.html
  • Finalized style of Readmes for LDP Analytics on GitHub; example at: https://github.com/folio-org/ldp-analytics/tree/master/sql/circ_detail

Tools to Consider

  • Dbeaver Enterprise has worked well for Eliana (not free)
  • Metabase (free and not free)
  • LibreOffice Base ? (free)
  • Aqua Data Studio (not free)
  • Crystal Reports (not free)

RA/UM Working Group: 

  • 4 prototypes currently underway


MM Working Group:


RM Working Group: 

ERM Working Group:



Interlibrary (ILL) Loan and Borrow Direct (BD) Integrations UpdateElena, Vandana

We'll discuss options and recommendations for integrating Interlibrary Loan (ILL) into your library system, with a focus on how that impacts developing queries for reports.

  • ReShare presented in Consortia by Kristen Wilson. Currently using NCIP protocol, has potential to be used between FOLIO libraries for intraconsortial borrowing. Plans to have its own LDP for reporting in the future. It is more designed to be the handshake between systems, rather than extensive reach within FOLIO. Discovery layer independent/agnostic - currently working with VuFind. Identifying NCIP record creation and editing/updating may be a way that several libraries will be able to track ILL activity within FOLIO.
  • Several institutions responded to Elena's questions about what ILL means to their institution (how they currently manage ILL).  A compilation of all responses (ILL_discussion_notes.pdf) has been attached to all the ILL REP issues, so that report writers can refer to them while developing queries. Almost all institutions manage ILL somewhat differently, but a common feature is the use of an outside system for ILL such as OCLC or ILLiad, at times a linkage to the home system, and the creation of a dummy or psuedu-patron account/marker that links to the item loaned out from the home library, so that it shows as checked out. In some cases, this is also created for items borrowed (Chicago creates bib and item records for borrowed items). A lot of the annual statistics are generated from the external system. For FOLIO reporting, ILL counts will depend on each institution's data integration with its chosen external ILL systems. Currently, the best we can do is based on Nassib's suggestion of an 'example' university library: we assume a format of data integration, and write a query based on that format. For example, we assume that institutions will create a pseudo-borrower code that is linked to FOLIO, so that the patron record will reflect that it is an ILL loan, and we will base ILL reporting on this configuration. As institutions go live with FOLIO, they can customize their queries for ILL.


Categorizing Reports in External Statistics, Import/Export, and ConsortiaAll

We'll review reports that have been categorized as External Statistics to move them into existing Reporting Subgroups for development. Import/Export and Consortia Reports also need to be reviewed this way.


  • Recategorize Import and Export REP Issues
  • Recategorize External Statistics REP Issues


Additional Topics?All Schedule "Quick Demo" meeting for Reporting Tools Analysis
Topics for Future MeetingsAll

Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings 


Action items