Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Present?

Name

Organization

Present?

Name

Organization


Arthur AguileraUniversity of Colorado, Boulder
Linda MillerCornell University

Sharon BeltaineCornell University
Nassib NassarIndex Data

Nancy BolducCornell University
Elena O'MalleyEmerson

Lloyd ChittendenMarmot
Tod OlsonUniversity of Chicago

Axel DoerrerUniversity Mainz
Jean PajerekCornell University

Shelley DoljackStanford University
Michael PatrickThe University of Alabama


Stefan DombekLeipzig University
Eric PenningtonTexas A&M

Jennifer EustisU. Massachusetts Amherst / Five College
Scott PerryUniversity of Chicago

Alissa HafeleStanford University
Natalya PikulikCornell University

Ingolf Kusshbz
Vandana ShahCornell University

Kim LaineCornell University
Amelia SuttonU. Massachusetts

Joanne LearyCornell University
Simona TabacaruTexas A&M

Eliana LimaFenway Library Organization
Kevin WalkerThe University of Alabama

Eric LuhrsLehigh University
Angela ZossDuke University

Discussion Items

Item

Who

Notes

Attendance & NotesAngela

Attendance & Notes

  • Today's attendance-taker: Linda Miller
  • Today's note-takers:  Team Leads for project updates

Announcements /
Reminders

Angela

Reporting documentation is live!


Table conversion from LDP to Metadb

  • Working on a spreadsheet that matches current LDP tables up with new Metadb tables, which should make it easy to convert existing LDP queries to work with Metadb


Reporting SIG Holiday Schedule

  • Plan to cancel December 27 and January 3


Recruiting New Query Developers

  • The Reporting SIG is always on the look-out for new query developers. Please let us know if you are interested in doing query development or if there are others at your institution who might be a good fit.
Planning for WOLFcon 2022Angela

Request to PC:

  • WOLFcon 2022 planning underway - and we need SIG/Council input.  August 31 through September 2 at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, Germany.  See slides for details.  Need ideas for sessions; for instance, from community council: governance retrospective/discussion, quarterly community meeting, and budget and planning session.  The early ideas can be rough; they are useful for people planning budgets.  Thinking there should be sessions for developers, SMEs and SIG members, and library leadership.  Add items to FOLIO at WOLFcon by December 1.  Refinements will happen starting in December.

Some possible proposed sessions based on previous discussions:

Meeting NameDescriptionPotential meeting lengthPrimary Group/SIGSuggest by (your name/group)
Up and running with LDPintroductory demonstration of using SQL and the LDP app to query an LDP 60FOLIO communityReporting SIG
LDLite for open source FOLIO reportingintroductory demonstration of using LDLite to extract FOLIO data via API. session will showcase how to set up LDLite, how to use LDLite to extract different parts of the FOLIO data model, and how LDLite transforms FOLIO data so that it is easy to query using shared FOLIO Analytics queries.60FOLIO communityReporting SIG
Intro to FOLIO Analyticswalkthrough of the FOLIO Analytics query repository


Implementing a reporting solution for FOLIOpanel discussion with people who have implemented any FOLIO reporting solutions (opportunity to give advice, answer questions)


Reporting lessons from FOLIO implementersvariation on above theme; target FOLIO implementing institutions, and asked them about their lessons learned as regards reporting systems


Hosting a reporting environment



Maintaining a commitment to opennessA FOLIO community discussion to address issues of openness in our community. Where has FOLIO failed to maintain its commitment to openness? How can the community renew this commitment and improve openness?


Updates and Query Demonstrations from Various Reporting Related Groups and EffortsCommunity & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads

Project updates

Reporting development is using small subgroups to address priorities and complete work on report queries.  Each week, these groups will share reports/queries with the Reporting SIG.  Reporting development team leads are encouraged to enter a summary of their work group activities below.

RA/UM Working Group


MM Working Group

  • The zoom link for the meeting is https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/99254861410. Usual FOLIO password. Our lab sessions are open to everyone. Please bring your questions, examples, and comments about reporting and metadata.
  • Meetings are 1st Tuesday of the month 12-1pm ET


ERM Working Group

  • On going work on ERM data with LDlite
  • Rpt. "agreements by cancellation dates"
    • Creation of new additional derived tables in MetaDB for orders and invoices / invoice lines necessary and useful with regard to reporting software solutions. This assumes that MetDB maintains the corresponding tables relationally. This is currently not the case. Therefore the creation is paused. 
  • Group will pilot to document this areas documentation on mermaid.
    • Was suspended due to absence. First meeting on Nov. 30
  • ERM Prototype and Query Development Status
  • Bi-weekly schedule (next meeting 23rd, November 9:00 AM ET)
    • Zoomlink (password is the common zoom password in the FOLIO community)


RM Working Group

  • subscription costs and subscription counts queries PR posted to folio-analytics
  • looking at using https://mermaid-js.github.io/mermaid/#/ to document data models in finance areas of FOLIO 
  • exploring ways to make it easier to find options for reporting parameters in your LDP (e.g., a list of locations, item statuses, etc.)
  • several queries for RM completed, but still need documentation, testing, and review
  • for latest updates, see RM Prototype and Query Development Status
  • weekly meetings on Thursdays at 9am ET on zoom – contact Sharon Beltaine for zoom link and invitation


Reporting SIG Documentation Subgroup

  • No changes
  • Additional Context


External Statistics Working Group

  • no updates currently
  • new organizational/tracking scheme for JIRA, with pointers to queries in folio-analytics repository
  • New organizational structure for External Statistics reports
    • external statistics reports (e.g., ACRL) typically require running queries from different functional reporting areas
    • these reports will be captured in JIRA under one UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issue, then the descriptions will point to each of the queries required to run them on the folio-analytics repository
    • institutions will need to rank each of these 8 new UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issues
    • each reporting development team will take responsibility for the queries in their area for the external statistics clusters


Product Council



For all recent work on FOLIO Reporting SQL development:


Topics for Future MeetingsAll
  • Follow-up on MARC status, Quickmarc/Data Import conflicts
  • How to strengthen connections to SIGs and their developers to be kept in the loop about changes to the data model
  • Show and tell
    • how are institutions using the LDP
    • examples of using the local schema
    • Cornell's report ticketing system
    • Rollout plans from institutions
    • Ask someone on the sysadmin side to talk about LDP administration (Jason Root?)
    • What is done in JIRA? (JIRA clean up)
  • Training topics
    • adding test data in FOLIO snapshot
    • How to do ad hoc querying with the derived tables
    • How to use the LDP app
    • using KNIME to build reports (LDP edition)
    • use of local schema for custom tables
    • more on MARC (ask Jennifer)
    • using different applications (other than DBeaver)
    • Insomnia for API queries?
    • SQL
    • LDP to metadb
    • Metadb implications
      • if schema changes, will that be relatively seamless? old fields still in history, but new fields in current?
      • if fields are deprecated and removed, what happens if they come back again?
      • how will deleted records show up?
    • GitHub
    • Panorama
    • LDLite (again?)
  • Discussion:
    • how to rank clusters with institutional rankings going away?
    • consortia SIG is talking about a central office app of some kind; that app might need to deal with consortia-wide reporting
    • how to train:
      • wiki pages with examples? form a small project team? (e.g., how to pull from marc, how to use local schema)
      • each dev team create training about the data structures in that area?
    • Query style (ask Nassib)
    • Gathering institutional query repositories; someone can propose a new page or a new addition to an existing page on FOLIO Analytics?
  • Upcoming:
    • SQL advice/query optimization (Axel)
    • query demo - MARC (Tod)


Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings 





  • A test Action Item (Ingolf)