|Attendance & Notes||Angela|
Attendance & Notes
- Today's attendance-taker: Linda (or substitute)
- Today's note-takers: Team Leads for project updates
Thanks so much to our WOLFcon panelists!
- Thanks to Alissa, Ingolf, Christie, and Jason for participating in (or moderating) the Reporting SIG panel on Friday of WOLFcon
- WOLFcon registrants should be able to use the conference Zoom password to view the recording (starts at 03:17:10); it will eventually be posted more widely I believe
- Any impressions from people who attended?
- Angela recommends Foliage recording (audio starts around minute 8) - note: requires WOLFcon Zoom password, only given out to people who registered. Hope there will be public recordings shared soon. (GitHub project)
- Thanks for the Google doc of recordings
- Really interesting to see how there are a number of concerns percolating up in different areas of the community; things that cause operational issues - operations haven't been as much of a focus as features and development
- Good energy coming out
How to find our latest recordings
(Always) Recruiting New Query Developers
- The Reporting SIG is always on the look-out for new query developers. Please let us know if you are interested in doing query development or if there are others at your institution who might be a good fit.
PC Discussion about Reporting SIG scope
- PC having a broader discussion about PC relationship with SIGs, how that's going, do we understand what SIGs are doing and what they need
- Some questions about whether Reporting SIG is too focused on LDP projects, should LDP work be a sub-group of the SIG
|Thoughts on asynchronous community engagement||All|
- locally, Stanford talking a lot about this because scheduling meetings is getting harder and harder; reviewed video below recently
- Can also use wiki pages with comments to have people review drafts, maybe tag people specifically
- Discussion forms are around, but people don't tend to use them
- explore integration with Slack?
- Reporting SIG email list
- Meetings still seen as valuable
- Some people prefer email, some prefer discussion board, some Slack...
- Support SIG may have something set up with Discus so posts get reflected into Slack (maybe pop in there to see what it looks like)
- Good ideas, Angela will try to follow up
|Would like development to move toward integrity testing||Sharon|
- Cornell has talked about diagnostics, but would like to engage institutions
- Possibly restricted to institutions that have gone live, but shared resources would be useful for institutions in the future
- Cornell is working on scripts for data integrity
- Would like to set something up that is automated
- Need to work with Nassib
- Have learned that we need to know more about data transfer - what worked, what didn't
- Chicago has had a couple of occasions since go-live where a transfer script will fail for some reason, or local derived tables would have some kind of foreign key constraint that isn't satisfied and that would break the whole build or cascade
- What can the SIG do to help?
- For example, SIG really advocated for ldp_marc, and that advocacy really made it happen, and that tool is really unique and helpful
- Hoping for the SIG to get behind this effort to help Index Data prioritize this
- Maybe SIG needs to put together a small subgroup to focus on this issue
- Sharon happy to be on a group like this
|Including MARC in derived tables||Sharon|
- not sure what we decided
- there are some variations in how institutions use MARC
- if we do use MARC in derived tables, worry that it could have bad results
- just looking for discussion so we know what we should be doing
- MARC is updating in parallel to LDP, so having derived tables with MARC takes more time
- But that might add a dependency where people need to have ldp_marc installed to run the derived tables, so probably don't want to blend those
- Maybe move to dev meeting questions
|Training topic; Using FOLIO APIs (Postman, LDLite)||Angela|
Quick demonstration of using Postman and LDLite to pull data from FOLIO via APIs
|Updates and Query Demonstrations from Various Reporting Related Groups and Efforts||Community & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads|
Reporting development is using small subgroups to address priorities and complete work on report queries. Each week, these groups will share reports/queries with the Reporting SIG. Reporting development team leads are encouraged to enter a summary of their work group activities below.
RA/UM Working Group
- Meetings have become more of a lab session, working through specific problems
- Contact Angela if you would like to join these meetings; second Wednesdays at 1pm Eastern
MM Working Group
- Meetings are 1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1pm ET via zoom using the usual FOLIO password. Our lab sessions are open to everyone. Please bring your questions, examples, and comments about reporting and metadata.
- We are still looking for reviewers and testers for ldpmarc. Please contact MM reports working group.
- ldpmarc: Cornell noticed an issue with ldpmarc. Nassib is aware of this and coming up with a fix which will be tested.
ERM Working Group
- Group transformation / Documentation
- Group transformation: In addition to the specific developments, meetings will have become more of a lab session, working through specific problems.
- We started creating a tutorial like RA/UM together with RM wg.
- ERM Prototype and Query Development Status
- folio-analytics version 1.5:
- add comments to columns in all derived tables
- New directory structure for report queries in folio-analytics (metadb) with PR#666
- Goal: a derived table.
- The development requires time and expertise from SME.
- We're going to take it in phases:
- Get test data and enter it into our test environment. started
- Analyze data structure.
- Invite SME and have data explained.
- Creation of derived tables
- Topics for the future
- Meetings are bi-weekly on tuesdays 11am ET alternating with RM Working Group
- Next meeting will be at 27th, Sept
- Contact Stefan Dombek if you would like to get a calendar invitation
RM Working Group
Reporting SIG Documentation Subgroup
- Lotus documentation is live on https://docs.folio.org/docs/
- Morning Glory documentation is complete and submitted
- Nolana documentation will be in progress soon
- Additional Context
- The Reporting SIG has representation on the Documentation Working Group, which is building end-user documentation for https://docs.folio.org/docs/ (mostly linking to existing documentation over on GitHub)
External Statistics Working Group
- no updates currently
- new organizational/tracking scheme for JIRA, with pointers to queries in folio-analytics repository
- New organizational structure for External Statistics reports
- external statistics reports (e.g., ACRL) typically require running queries from different functional reporting areas
- these reports will be captured in JIRA under one UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issue, then the descriptions will point to each of the queries required to run them on the folio-analytics repository
- institutions will need to rank each of these 8 new UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issues
- each reporting development team will take responsibility for the queries in their area for the external statistics clusters
For all recent work on FOLIO Reporting SQL development:
|Topics for Future Meetings||All|
- How to deal with External Stats reports?
- maybe subteam leads check in about that
- probably wait until after Metadb conversion is more complete
- ask for presenters: hosting experiences from implementers
- Annual Reporting Goals
- (in progress) Support the transition from LDP to Metadb (e.g., update derived table and report queries, update documentation, outreach, new training)
- (ready to start) Developing training/onboarding for new SIG members/report users (esp. FOLIO-specific data model and transformation stuff)
- Improve communication between SIG and developers of apps so we hear about data model changes in advance
- continued advocacy on part of the SIG to governance groups
- (ready to start) Review JIRA issues, clean up, revisit strategy for JIRA
- Regular review of Milestones
- Exploring new recruitment/onboarding strategies (e.g., buddy system)
- Guest presentations: Foliage (Mike Hucka and Laurel Narizny from CalTech)
- Demo latest version of LDP app, any new features?
- Training: Using APIs
Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings