Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

This is a list of topics the Reporting SIG is considering for future meetings.


Upcoming Meeting Dates (all Mondays):


June 18, 2018

June 25, 2018


StatusPossible DateTopicContactsNotes
Scheduled6/18/18 - SCHEDULEDNext Steps for In-app ReportingHolly MistlebauerHolly is stepping in as Interim Product Owner for Reporting until Product Council assigns a permanent Reporting PO. She will be joining us for Reporting SIG meetings and working with other Product Owners on reporting issues. Today, she will discuss next steps for in-app reporting.
Scheduled6/18/18 - SCHEDULEDAdd reporting example links to Reporting Requirements SpreadsheetSharon, HollyPlease take a second look at the reports you have identified in the Reporting Requirements spreadsheet to make sure there is an example report linked. The examples are proving quite useful for the development of JIRA tickets to generate reporting functionality in FOLIO.
To be scheduled6/25/18?Review of JIRA Tickets for Data WarehouseVince BareauOKAPI-591, OKAPI-570, UXPROD-331, UXPROD-332
ONGOING

*6/25/18?


will require several meetings

Reporting Data Element VerificationPOs and SIGs in RM, RA, and MMMeetings with POs and SIGs to verify availability of data elements for all reports in the Reporting SIG Master Spreadsheet. If Data Elements not available, work with PO for that functional area to generate user story and JIRA ticket to include gaps and/or missing data elements.
To be scheduled?Reporting Certification for Microservices
consider what microservices architecture needs to be present to "certify" it for reporting
To be scheduled?Capturing Historical Data for ReportingData Migration SubgroupHow do we approach the issue of data migration for historical reporting purposes? Do we add historical data to the data lake as a separate data warehouse? Do we bring historical data into Folio?
ONGOING
Best Reporting Tools to use for FolioAll
To be scheduled
Tags Subgroup UpdateSimona Tabacaru
To be scheduled
Consortial Reporting NeedsDavid Dahl
To be scheduled
Reporting Deliverables in the FOLIO Feature Backlog (formerly: V1 Dev & Milestone plan 2)Sharon Beltaine
To be scheduled
Data Warehouse DesignPeter Murray, Christina Raus
To be scheduled
Changes to ARL annual reportingTod Olson
To be scheduled
Data Dictionary for Folio Reporting
data storage units define their JSON schema; may be able to generate dictionary automatically (Tod Olson)





DONE6/11/18BibControlIngolf Kuss, Klaus Hoverath

June 11th- A presentation on BibControl will be given by Klaus Hoverath of Triangle Solutions, a company specializing in providing data warehouse, ETL, OLAP and Business Intelligence Solutions. http://www.triangle-solutions.de/ . Their clients are 70% to 80% libraries and that he has currently between 30 and 40 libraries as clients, which are part of the GBV or hbz network . With BibControl, he is a partner of OCLC. See Triangle Solutions flyer for more information.

DONE6/4/18Draft Data Warehouse Proposal ReviewSharon BeltaineJune 4th - We will review and discuss the draft of the Data Warehouse Proposal to be presented to Product Council on Thursday, June 7.
DONE5/14/18Indepth review of session notes from WolfConAll
DONE4/30/18Inventory Data Elements and ReportingChristie Thomas (MM SIG)

Review data elements identified by MM SIG and Data Migration Subgroup from a Reporting perspective. What's missing? How does the data mapping work? What's been identified so far?

DONE5/7/18Data Lake JIRA Ticket Conclusions

Jeremy Huff (TAMU Dev) and Frances Webb (Cornell Dev) joined the Reporting SIG meeting on 4/9/18 to discuss JIRA ticket OKAPI-570 , which had been entered into the Folio Issue Tracker to capture recent discussions about concerns related to the approach taken in JIRA tickets UX-PROD-331 and UX-PROD-332. These are development tickets for building the technical infrastructure to support Folio Data Lake environments. OKAPI-570 details concerns and offers alternative proposals for the implementation of reporting features residing in OKAPI’s core, dereferencing at the time of report generation, the impact of schema mutation on report creation, and implementing message queues as an internal component of reporting and/or OKAPI core.

Since then, Vince Bareau has made comments on each of the issues raised in JIRA ticket OKAPI-570, the developers have discussed these issues, and Jeremy Huff has added Conclusions as a follow-up to each of the issues raised in the Google Doc associated with JIRA ticket OKAPI-570

We will review these Conclusions and see if there are any additional questions.

DONE4/23/18Loan Reports with Loan PO Emma BoettcherEmma BoettcherReview reports related to loans to identify gaps, increase understanding, etc. Please attend if you have Circ Loan Reports in the requirements list.
DONE4/9/18, 4/16/18Reporting Topics for WolfCon
  • we are working on enabling SIG members to join the conference by calling into sessions via ZOOM
  • gather input on reporting topics for WolfCon
DONEConfirmed for 9am on 4/9/18New Strategies for Folio Development to Support Data Lake Reporting: Discussion with Texas A&M and Cornell Developers on new FOLIO JIRA TicketsJeremy Huff, Frances WebbThis needs to be at the top of the agenda.
DONE3/26/18UXPROD-331 and UXPROD-332 JIRA Tx Review - Reporting SIG to review tickets entered in JIRA to support development of the external reporting environment (Data Lake/Store/Warehouse)AllDONE
DONE2/26/18Data Lake POC (Proof of Concept) Project UpdateAnne Highsmith, Ryan, Chris, Mark, Matt, TodDONE
DONE3/5/18BIRT Report Demo for POC ProjectChris CreswellDONE
DONE3/5/18Updates on POC Data Lake ProjectMatt, Mark, Tod, Anne, Chris, SharonDONE
DONE3/12/18Tags WorkgroupAnne-Marie BreauxDONE
DONE3/26/18Data Elements definition in Data Migration SubgroupAnne HighsmithDONE
DONE

4/2/18, 4/9/18, 4/16/18

Translating Reporting Requirements into Reporting DeliverablesSharon Beltaine
DONE4/2/18Review of Folio Feature Backlog with Updates for Data Lake SupportHarry KaplanianSee https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15eO29vY2qp-FeUaoA292J-KwDy4c9z8dg-Pfp2fDymw/edit#gid=145190483
DONEDONECall for Tags App Subgroup from PO Ann-Marie BreauxSharon, IngolfDONE - Simona Tabacuru has joined the Tags App Subgroup





  • No labels