The Support SIG meets via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/98630013171?pwd=bS9MSTF4Z1BZSHFVWHlZL3JLMDRkQT09) on Mondays at 10:00 Eastern U.S. time (see time in your timezone). For more details, see the Support SIG Meeting Tasks and Notes.
Instructions for Production Libraries Reporting Bugs to the Support SIG
The Support SIG members should expect to serve at least one year. The terms should be rolling so that expertise remains on the SIG rather than everyone leaving the SIG at the same time. If a member wants to remain on the team for longer than one year, they are welcome to stay. The Support SIG meetings will be open to all who chose to participate.
|Name||Role (as defined in Charge)||Institution|
|Elizabeth German||Implementing Library (not supported by vendor)||TAMU|
|Implementing Library (supported by vendor)||Lehigh|
Anya Arnold (SIG Convenor)*
|Ian Ibbotson||Vendor Representative||K-Int|
|Sys Ops & Mgt SIG Representative||Cornell|
|Quality Control Representative||EBSCO|
|Implementing Library (supported by vendor)||Cornell|
|Kevin W. Walker||Reporting Representative||UA|
* Support SIG Convener
The Support SIG convener should be an individual who understands the FOLIO community and the development process. The decision should be based on the individual’s skills rather than their role.
Recent space activity
The purpose of the Support SIG is to govern FOLIO’s support structure. This SIG will make recommendations for approval by the FOLIO Product Council. (See full charge)
Support SIG Activities
- Oversee Operational Software Support process
- Monitor Support JIRA project to ensure that issues are being moved from the Support project or resolved within the Support project.
- Oversee process for Implemented libraries to report production bugs
- Oversee process of Product Owners and Dev teams to participate in bug handling process
- Reevaluate the Software Support process regularly to ensure that it is meeting the needs of the FOLIO community without being burdensome to the Product Owners.
- Address User Support options for implementation and training
- Address User Support options for Documentation
- Report bug statistics (e.g. bugs reported, bugs resolved, time from reported to implementation of fix) to Product Council on quarterly basis.