Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata




Discussion items

5Welcome, IntroductionsIngolf
  • New member Craig Rosenbeck, Craig is the Technical Services Coordinator for the Appalachian College Association.
    • There are 45 libraries in the Appalachian College Association. 28 of them use a shared catalog. The current ILS is Sierra.
    • The association switched user authentification from IP authentification to OpenAthens, a single sign-on software to access e-resources.
    • The association uses CONTENTdm for digital collection management.
  • Introductions (all)
  • Volunteers for note taker → Ingolf

News on loading sample and reference data

  FOLIO-1519 - Getting issue details... STATUS

DevOps Core Team is working on getting reference data in. As yet, user data needs to be bootstrapped. Some scripts have been provided to accomplish this task so far. This procedure is a little error prone.

There are two pieces to the new approach:

  1. Reference data is stored with the module source code.
  2. Some capability within the RAML module builder is made use of. The work is documented on JIRA Ticket FOLIO-1519 . The RAML module builder is a toolkit for generating source code.

Data loading might be turned off when the module is initialized, as one might not need all the sample data.

The data will be stored in a Fat JAR, there will be no need to use the API. The Tenant API can make use of it.

Question by Wayne to the group: Do we need to load (the sample data ?) at any time or just at initialization ? - Probably just at initialization is enough.

Another improvement: Modules get their database connection information on tenant initialization. The database connection will be stored in a tenant in Okapi. So far, tenant data separation happens by use of Postgres schemes. An instance of a module can only connect to one database. In future, it will be possible to spin up a module without needing to know where the database is.

This will allow one to have a test tenant and a test database. It will be also useful for implementing multitenancy in FOLIO.


Ingolf, Harry, Tod Olson, all

Taking up Integrations again. Prioritize integrations.

Integration to archive tools like Aeon and ArchiveSpace.

Do the existing Edge APIs meet the needs of the Special Collection & Archives Working Group ?

More broadly, do we have existing Edge APIs to begin any of our integrations? - Tod

Meeting Notes

Banner is a system to get user data from. We should include it in our list of integrations.

The group already collected their integrations earlier, on this wiki page SYSOPS List of Integrations. JIRA Tickets have been created for the integrations. Some FOLIO modules for integrations are currently under development, the FOLIO NCIP module is one of them. And also the OAI-PMH module.

We agree that the new integrations concerning archive systems have to be worked out by the Special Collections & Archives Working Group. Two JIRA Tickets have already been created for this purpose (UXPROD-566, UXPROD-562 (EON), UXPROD-561 (Ares)). Once that has been done, we can think of maybe inviting someone from the SC & A WG to a SysOps SIG meeting.

The details of the FOLIO Edge APIs (needed for the integrations) need not be discussed at the SIG level.

In the meantime, we will complete our list of integrations: FOLIO Source Data and Integrations . This spreadsheet has been around since a while ago but rarely made use of. I encourage all members of the SysOps group to add the integrations needed by their institutions to this list. We will then prioritize our integrations in a future meeting.

Action items

  • @Wayne: Start two Slack threads, on loading reference data and sample data.