- Anton Emelianov
- Ian Hardy
- John Malconian
- Jason Root
- Wayne Schneider
- Jakub Skoczen
- Taras Spashchenko
- Mark Stacy
|5min||Kubernetes subgroup of SysOps SIG|
We have been chartered as a subgroup of the SysOps SIG. Initial draft charter on landing page Kubernetes Subgroup. Please give any feedback in Slack channel #kubernetes. We agreed to keep meeting Wednesdays at 9:00 U.S. Eastern Time. We will move to Zoom as a meeting platform to enable meeting recording and archiving. We will attempt to hold meetings to 30 minutes. Wayne Schneider volunteered to serve as convener and note taker. There is no need for a mailing list at this time, we will continue to use the Slack channel for communication.
|10min||Update on AWS FOLIO setup|
Taras Spashchenko has set up a Kubernetes cluster using EKS in the FOLIO project AWS account, managed by Rancher. The Okapi URL is http://ad2232214821b11e99fc006191d465ba-a91a08bd720aef8d.elb.us-west-2.amazonaws.com:9130/, UI at http://ae6938491822911e9b94b0af14eadae8-697895a425a7b2d9.elb.us-west-2.amazonaws.com:3000/. He mostly followed Jason Root's recipe as documented in the folio-install Github repo.
The recipe works well, and setup from start to finish takes about 2 hours. A few concerns:
We agreed to use the folio-install repo to maintain documentation on different deployment strategies. Taras will add his documentation into a branch on that repo. The Platform: Core/DevOps team will take on the task of organizing the repo and merging documentation branches into master.
|10min||Wayne Schneider Jakub Skoczen|
Wayne Schneider outlined the plans for CI-integrated continuous deployment for FOLIO development. The problems that we are trying to address are:
Our proposed development workflow:
This workflow appears to be in the spirit of the Teams and Branch Environments whitepaper that Anton Emelianov has been working on. Wayne and Anton will meet early next week to identify any gaps or missed requirements. Wayne and Jakub Skoczen will create Jira issues for the Platform: Core/DevOps team to begin migrating existing CI pipelines and workflows to a target Kubernetes cluster based on Taras Spashchenko's AWS deployment.
|5min||Topics for future discussion|
- Wayne Schneider set up Zoom meeting and meeting schedule – 09:00 Wednesdays U.S. Eastern time. https://zoom.us/j/116073082.
- Taras Spashchenko document Rancher/EKS setup and deployment - FOLIO-2053Getting issue details... STATUS
- Wayne Schneider create Jira issue for cleaning up and merging branches of folio-install Github repo - FOLIO-2070Getting issue details... STATUS
- Wayne Schneider create development workflow diagram
- Wayne Schneider and Jakub Skoczen create Jira issues for Platform: Core/DevOps towards - FOLIO-1550Getting issue details... STATUS
- Wayne Schneider and Anton Emelianov meet to identify gaps in development towards - FOLIO-1550Getting issue details... STATUS