Meeting scheduled for 60 minutes... we stopped at 90.
- Review previous action items.
- Introduce Anton Emelianov - FOLIO's QA Lead, and his initial observations
|5 min||TC going 'official'|
Inclusion on PC agenda, introduction to #development and #general channels, other ideas?
|35 min||Review previous action items|
Goal: Update and decide next actions
|5 min||RFC Process||We were going to "Beta" the process. Github Repo setup? How do we advertise this?|
|10 min||TC Backlog review||Review our backlog and make decisions about what to take on next, how quickly to try and go, etc.|
|5 min||QA Lead's top 3 initial observations|
- Definition of Platform document agreed to be Approved. Discussed next steps - see action items.
- Discussion regarding Definition of Done comments, centrally around the issue of having a "Release" category. Decision was to test this definition with "Demo" replacing "Release" and to survey teams to get feedback on how the definitions fit their practices, etc. See action items for specifics.
- Discussed Anton Emelianov's observations and decided to pursue action related to the highest priority item - UI Unit testing. The other 2 highest priorities were #2 - Inability to build based on tags/labels, including pre-built bundles, and #3 - API changes can break dependent modules. See Action items.
- Briefly reviewed the first RFC (relates to pipeline for feeding a data lake - should be sent this week to the TC). Vince has setup the RFCs Repo.
- Discussed an open/live issue regarding developer who leaves an organization - what should happen to their Github permissions? Group decided that write access should be removed. If individual asked to have them reinstated then consideration would be given based on their new relationship with the project.
Action items - All due by next week - 25-July-2018
- Mike Gorrell to "publicize" the existence of the TC to various channels (#development, #general, Product Council, Rachel Fadlon's bi-weekly newsletter). Consider a Q&A meeting for the community similar to a "Town Hall" meeting.
- Mike Gorrell to summarize next steps regarding the Platform/Base/Apps document, circulate email to TC and then pursue those items.
- Mark Veksler to edit the Definition of Done doc based on our discussions, and notify Mike Gorrell who will circulate to teams asking for their evaluation/feedback.
- Anton Emelianov to create a cleaner version of his observations that can be shared with the community (less technical/detailed, slightly higher level).
- Mike Gorrell to solicit names from leads who can be asked to volunteer to participate in an evaluation of a testing tool for UI Unit Tests (ie. Big Test vs Nightmare vs other).
- Mike Gorrell to inquire about Github permissions and what standard practices presently exist - to be shared with TC for potential action/revision
- Mike Gorrell to share a draft of the workflow presentation planned to be presented to the Product Council next week by EOD Monday 23-July.