- Ian Walls
- Peter Murray
- Vince Bareau
- Craig McNally
- Mark Veksler
- Marko Knepper
Discuss any open questions/ideas around the Code Review process Jono outlined. Further discussion of the Task Force and potential governance models. Will try and get Jono to attend the meeting on 11/13/2019.
|?||Tech Debt-6 Real Life load test||TC|
Update and brainstorm on moving this item forward.
1) Mike started conversations with Jakub. There are a few environments that we can consider. Not urgent. Update: Need to get this scheduled to coincide with mid-late November if possible. We should try and formalize and document the process used to create the environment so that this is as repeatable as possible.
2) No update. Expect update 10/30. Update: Collecting Test Scenarios folder. Will need someone to act as PO and select which scenarios we try first/second/third in parallel, in groups, etc.
3) Essentially on-hold until we have use cases to evaluate. Note that we have a bunch of JMeter tests that might be useful.
4) Chicago can deliver bib data. We discussed the value/benefit of synthetic data for Holdings/Items/Users/Loans. The Core team has an item - FOLIO-2296enrich perf circulation data to match BugFest q3.2 OPEN to create some test data - which could overlap with this need.
Update : Mid November, hoping to have a copy of anonymized/redacted/cleaned Inventory and SRS data from Chicago. Will create/dump reference data to be used with the corpus of load test data. Will also rely on automated generation of users and loans - so need to get Core Team to take on FOLIO-2296 in an appropriate timeframe. Possible to identify another resource/team to create Users.
5) Will have an update on 10/23: Update: Initial review of open source tools. Creating an evaluation matrix in order to choose the tool.
|Security Policy Update|
Several revisions to the document, TAMU Security specialist has weighed in. Document is close to ready to be reviewed by TC. The DRAFT doc is here:
|AWS Environment/Budget||Peter Murray|
About 60% of our FOLIO instances are covered by reserved instance contracts, and more will be coming (FOLIO-2325). Peter is watching AWS Marketplace for short term contracts to move things into Reserved instances to save money. The Core Team feels like it will be 3 months until we can collapse remaining instances into clusters. Peter will be able to present a budget/idea of steady state in the next few weeks.
Note - discussion within TC needed to approve HA for Reference/Special Environments cluster as this adds cost to the overall footprint. Is HA needed? To discuss on November 13th.