Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
hourWOLFconRecapTeam
  • Architectural Blueprint 2020 (Vince Bareau)
    • Clear up Multi-tenancy confusion. Per WikipediaThe term "software multitenancy" refers to a software architecture in which a single instance of software runs on a server and serves multiple tenants. Systems designed in such manner are often called shared (in contrast to dedicated or isolated). A tenant is a group of users who share a common access with specific privileges to the software instance. With a multitenant architecture, a software application is designed to provide every tenant a dedicated share of the instance - including its data, configuration, user management, tenant individual functionality and non-functional properties. - We'll standardize on "Tenant Interoperability" or "Cross Tenant functionality" ways to refer to the need/gap.
    • Common area to share note and materials - should be done on Tech Council drive
    • Good discussion - not synthesized yet.
    • Didn't get to all items - those were not perceived to be as urgent. No definitive plans to address (one was Codex Development, the other was long term vision for inter-FOLIO interactions).
  • Release Management Post Go-Live (Mark Veksler)
    • Presentation covers topics that were discuss. A Large emphasis was on the support model for releases and the concept of a "Long Term Support (LTS)" release, and how long that would be supported according to types of issues (functional vs security) and severity (P1, P2, P3, etc.). More discussions are needed but a model is emerging.
  • Tech Debt Discussion with PC (Mike Gorrell)
  • Development Communications Channels/Methods Best Practices (Zak_Burke
    • Discussion related to how to scale beyond Slack and again discussed how developers can find the documentation that exists. Lots of things are on GitHub. Brainstorming on how to best move forward. Main decision - can we see if we can get Github documentation into dev.folio.org to make it easier to find when searching. Other potential action is to refine the Guides page as a starting point. Acknowledged the challenge of documentation vs coding. Angela Zoss(Duke), Brandon Tharpe, Matthew Addis from Arkivum volunteered to help with documentation - Zak will coordinate with them.
  • Other non-TC meeting takeaways
    • We need to improve the upgrade process. Should try and make the migration process part of BugFest.
    • Microservices vs Distributed monolith discussion. Many aspects and nuances to the discussion of whether FOLIO's architecture has evolved to be too complicated and/or too monolithic. Perhaps it's time to consider the architectural approach to some fundamental aspects. In particular the number of dependencies are a challenge. Outcome: Include in future Tech Council agenda.



Introduced STRIPES-667 as a topic for discussion. Will take this on within TC and selected Dev Leads.