Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata



Discussion items

1 minScribeAll

Florian Gleixner is next, followed by Jeremy Huff 

1 minTCR Board Review


Nothing new. TCR-9 was rejected last week.
5 minCC / PC Updates

Any updates from the PC and/or CC?


PC: report from Marc Johnson 

  • No feedback about TCR-9 reject
  • Approved Terminology proposals from TC
  • They are working on their own Module evaluation process. Seems, that PC evaluates Apps and not modules.
    • Jeremy Huff shall the TC give feedback for PCs app evaluation process?
  • Working group for the Roadmap. Work from developers may not match the roadmap, and it is not easy to monitor or enforce match with roadmap.
10-15 min

Technical Council Sub Groups Updates


  • TODO:  Revisit the "Monitoring AWS Hosting Costs" subgroup - reform with a new set of participants.  Review and adjust deliverables/goals as needed, etc.


Translation Subgroup: group will be closed

Monitoring AWS Hosting Costs: New group will be formed. Maccabee Levine will be owner of the group. Mark Veksler and Peter Murray will hopefully also be part of the group.

Breaking changes: Needs another meeting.

TCR Process Improvements: Jeremy Huff has prepared a slidedeck and will present it next TC meeting

Architecture Review Subgroup: Marc Johnson will start the group whenever other subgroups are wrapped up. TC elections are coming, we might want to start the subgroup after elections?

Distributed vs. centralized: Nothing new.

5-10 minRFCsAll

Olamide Kolawole Some discussion/comments in the RFC. Olamide is able to resolve the comments. Julian Ladisch is in vacation, Olamide will present in one of the next TCs

1 minTechnical Goals & Objectives

Goal: wrap up this effort/working group.

What needs to happen to get us there?

Tod Olson - All we need is votes whether to accept the documentation. Asked people to read on and give their votes. 


  • "Periodically revise" → how often?  1-2x? per year?  Quarterly? 
  • Jeremy Huff raised a concern over the list including things which aren't very clear.  "feels like we're signing a blank check"
  • Marc Johnson provided the history of this effort, and clarified that we don't have a good way to prioritize these things
  • Jenn Colt maybe we could accept this as-is, but immediately start a group to go through the list and capture the status of each item.  Also note that the charter revisions mention this type of planning/vision work.
  • Do we really want to start another subgroup?  How do we prevent that group from falling into the same trap (working on this for ever)?
  • Voted to accept the document in it's current form and start a conversation about next steps, e.g. how to use this document.


Nothing new

5-10 minTCR Improvement Subgroup

Review adjustments to TCR wiki page (scope statement)

See DRAFT - Revisions - New Module Technical Evaluations


Scope section is added in the draft. No feedback from the TC. Craig will merge in the official documentation of the TC.

1 minTerminology DocumentAll


We met again on Monday and left some suggestions in the document.

Craig McNally notified the FOLIO chairs that the TC's review is completed and that feedback was given.

10 minOnboarding DocsAll

Reminder on our calendar to review and update onboarding documentation.  How shall we proceed?


1 minUpcoming meetings
  • TC dedicated discussion:   11:00 AM ET
    • Topic:  Breaking changes RFC?  Onboarding Docs?
  • Tri-Council meeting:   9:30 - 11:00 AM ET
5-10 minElectionsAll
  • Timeline, other details have been posted:  2023 Technical Council Election
  • Discuss how to avoid the situation where we may not have enough candidates to fill all seats
    • Reduce the council size? Will it then be harder then to get a quorum?
    • Reach out to those you think would be a good fit ?
    • If you're term is ending, will you be re-running?  If not, are there others are your organization who might be qualified & interested?
    • Only one member from each member organization.
    • Some of the current members are willing to re-run, but there is a limit of 4 years membership.
  • Broader discussions about FOLIO governance is out of scope for this topic. 
    • Several ideas were recently discussed at the CC, but AFAIK there are no governance changes planned at this time.

Topic Backlog

Action Items

  •  Monday meetings schedule
  • Costs subgroup restart Craig McNally 
  • when we look at RFC process again we should review comm protocols Marc Johnson