This decision was migrated from the Tech Leads Decision Log as part of a consolidation process. The original decision record can be found here.
- Edge API developers
This decision was made by the Tech Leads group prior to the adoption of current decision making processes within the FOLIO project.
As development teams begin to adopt the spring way for module development, it's become apparent that there's a desire for some of these teams to work with the same tech stack when developing edge APIs.
Create a spring way equivalent/port of edge-common, and pull share/common classes/utils into an edge-api-utils library which can be used from both edge-common and the spring way equivalent (edge-common-spring).
Other Related Resources
- - UXPROD-2973Create Spring-way equivalent of edge-common CLOSED
- - EDGCMNSPR-1Create Project Skeleton CLOSED
- - EDGCMNSPR-2Port edge-common to spring-way CLOSED
- - EDGAPIUTL-1Initial development of edge-api-utils CLOSED
- edge-dematic can be used as a reference. Much of this work can be seeded from that repository and generalized.
- The Concorde team has agreed to take on this work as it would allow them to use it for development of edge-search-srs.