- Created by Mike Gorrell, last modified by Jenn Colt on Mar 06, 2023
The Technical Council's charter is here. We were officially formed 7 June, 2018.
The role of the Tech Council is to:
- Set general technical direction, carefully abiding by our ‘local decision making where possible’ guiding principle.
- Define processes, procedures and standards required for contributing code to the project
- Mediate technical conflicts between collaborators or foundation projects
- Proactively advise the Product Council on technical issues that will require effort and prioritization
- Respond to requests from the Product Council on technical issues
Technical Resource Needs in FOLIO - As of March 2020
Anyone is welcome to join Technical Council meetings and activities. The elected members from the FOLIO Community are:
- Raman Auramau - EPAM
- Jenn Colt - Cornell University
- Florian Gleixner - BVB
- Jeremy Huff - Texas A&M
- Marc Johnson - Knowledge Integration (Backup CC/PC liaison)
- Ingolf Kuss - HBZ
- Maccabee Levine - Lehigh University (CC liaison)
- Craig McNally - EBSCO
- Tod Olson - University of Chicago (PC liaison)
- Ankita Sen - Mainz University Library
- Jakub Skoczen - Index Data
Technical Council Events/Reminders:
Calendars with a related space are easier to find and use. Find out why, and set related spaces.
- EDIT THE CALENDAR
Customize the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- RESTRICT THE CALENDAR
Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- ADD AN EVENT
The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.#legIndex/#totalLegs
Subscribe to calendars using your favorite calendar client.#legIndex/#totalLegs
The Technical Council (TC) will set general technical direction, provide technical guidance to the Product Council, lead technical on boarding, set technical standards and mediate technical disagreements amongst the community when needed.
- #tech-council on Slack
- Wiki space (this page)
- Technical Council folder on Google Drive
See FOLIO Communication Spaces for more details about the project's communication channels.
The Technical Council meets via Zoom on Wednesdays at 11am Eastern U.S. Time (see time in your timezone). We meet using this Zoom URL: https://zoom.us/j/935492890
ICS file: tech-council.ics
For more details, see the Technical Council Meeting Tasks and Notes.
Our meeting recordings are here. Older recordings can be found here.
In addition to our regular weekly meetings, the TC meets on Mondays at 11am Eastern U.S. Time if there is a need to dedicate a full hour to a specific topic. This meeting will only happen as needed. The Zoom URL above is used for these meetings as well.
ICS file: Technical Council - Dedicated Discussion Time.ics
For more information about the Technical Council, contact the chair, Craig McNally.
The Technical Council engages a variety of sub-groups to work on various topics - Technical Council Sub Groups
2023-03-22 Meeting notesMar 22, 2023 • updated by Jenn Colt • view change
2023-03-22 Meeting notesMar 22, 2023 • updated by Craig McNally • view change
2023-03-22 Meeting notesMar 22, 2023 • updated by Zak_Burke • view change
2023-03-20 - FOLIO TerminologyMar 20, 2023 • updated by Jenn Colt • view change
2023-03-20 - FOLIO TerminologyMar 20, 2023 • updated by Craig McNally • view change
Historical Sub Groups
Technical Council Sub Groups
2023-03-15 Meeting notes
2023-03-01 Meeting notesMar 13, 2023 • updated by Maccabee Levine • view change
2023-03-13 - Breaking Changes RFCMar 13, 2023 • updated by Craig McNally • view change