The Technical Council's charter is here. We were officially formed 7 June, 2018.
The role of the Tech Council is to:
- Set general technical direction, carefully abiding by our ‘local decision making where possible’ guiding principle.
- Define processes, procedures and standards required for contributing code to the project
- Mediate technical conflicts between collaborators or foundation projects
- Proactively advise the Product Council on technical issues that will require effort and prioritization
- Respond to requests from the Product Council on technical issues
Anyone is welcome to join Technical Council meetings and activities. The elected members from the FOLIO Community are:
The Technical Council (TC) will set general technical direction, provide technical guidance to the Product Council, lead technical on boarding, set technical standards and mediate technical disagreements amongst the community when needed.
- Discuss.folio.org category
- tech-council Mailing List
- Wiki space (this page)
- Technical Council folder on Google Drive
See FOLIO Communication Spaces for more details about the project's communication channels.
ICS file: technical-council.ics
For more details, see the Technical Council Meeting Tasks and Notes.
Our meeting recordings are here.
For more information about the Technical Council, contact the chair, Craig McNally.
The Technical Council engages a variety of sub-groups to work on various topics - Technical Council Sub Groups