|10 min||Karate |
- Karate has been adopted by some backend teams [Thunderjet] for cross-module tests. Is it worth considering as an E2E candidate? Folio PoC is available.
- Zak will do a spike, hoping to leverage NightmareJS testing experience.
Review situation with Cypress:
- Mike Taylor has already implemented Cypress testing for ui-courses
- we still need to evaluate Cypress relative to the other options, and to our specific requirements
Cover call with Frontside
- feedback page (PLEASE contribute if possible)
- help with old tests: Frontside is actively refactoring `@bigtest/mirage` out of old code
- help with organizing mocks
- can we get this into a central, shared repo?
- spike for new big test, offered to pair up with Frontside resource.
- knowing BigTest v2 is not complete, Folio would rather get hands dirty with a prototype than wait until gold-master release.
- Frontside says BT2 and Cypress may usefully coexist
- Anyone watched video about new BigTest? Would presentation from them would be helpful?
|10 min||Deadlines and Tickets for spikes|
- Please oh please oh please create Jira tickets for all spikes
- Let us try to shoehorn the POCs into the current sprint. POs may contact Sergiy Vysotskiy if they have concerns about finishing these tickets given sprint scope is already set.
- Reviews next week:
- Reviews after that:
|reportportal.io vs TestRail|
- testrail is not free, and we often hit 150-seat license cap, many occupied by testers
- ... but it has some pretty nice Jira intergration features
- maybe use account-per-team instead of per-person?
- do we actually need to worry about this now?